PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
steel4real wrote:
Bushing is 20.00 mm x M6 bore.
Thank you kind sir !!

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
steel4real wrote:
Thanks for the info - these shocks really don't seem to last very well do they !?

Would have been nice to know what was wrong with the air sleeve and damper shaft but that was all the info they could give me. They are fitted to loads of bikes and can't find much about others having issues only the few on this forum so I'm hoping it will be all good now as I personally don't think it's a bad shock once set up.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 2:13 Quote
steel4real wrote:
doxey91 wrote:
steel4real wrote:
Nice one Smile

So my shock had to have a new outer damper shaft a new air sleeve and obviously a rebuild kit. Hopefully I get the bike back in time to try it Saturday. The shops just waiting for a new seat as the original one was cracking.

Thanks for the info - these shocks really don't seem to last very well do they !?

Mines still going strong after the retune. zero issues.

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
I can confirm shock feels better than ever! I have also gone with the biggest volume spacer and it seems about right on how much travel is used although it was a little wet to try and gas to flat stuff. Just need another spacer in the fork and she's perfect. What travel are people running on the fork 150 160 or 170?

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
170 for me but my terrain is steep and gnarly.

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
160mm in high setting.
Puts the geo where I feel it should be from the beginning, plus it will keep your warranty

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
Arierep wrote:
160mm in high setting.
Puts the geo where I feel it should be from the beginning, plus it will keep your warranty

Why don't you like the low setting? I love the low setting. I haven't tried the high setting though because it seems pointless

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
Good point about warranty though can anyone point me in the direction of where is states that?

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
170 in high but agree 160 is the sweet spot.

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 12:23 Quote
doxey91 wrote:
Arierep wrote:
160mm in high setting.

Why don't you like the low setting? I love the low setting. I haven't tried the high setting though because it seems pointless

Because I have to pedal uphill, often in natural trails. 160+high setting has the slack angles of the stock low setting but the BB at a more manageable height.

Regarding warranty, I spoke with Specialized directly and they allow for up to 160mm forks

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 1:21 Quote
Thanks I'll probably go 160 then

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
Hey, been following this for a while thanks for all the great information!
I've had my S2 Evo 29 since April this year and after more than seven months on it I can comfortably say this bike is my favourite that I've owned by far!
Raced Enduro, Downhill and XCO on it this year with pretty good results in all 3 so you could say this is pretty much one of the most versatile bikes out there.

Changed quite a few parts in the last couple of months and it's now my perfect setup with a Hunt Enduro wide wheelset, 160mm airshaft and 55mm stroke dhx 2 with a 502 Ohlins spring.
Changed the shifting to GX and the bars to Deity black label too.

My only previous complaint was that it was just a bit too prone to pedal strikes but with the 160 shaft in high mode it feels significantly better and more controlled. Coming from a 2018 kona process 153 29 which is a relatively calm riding bike, the unruly Evo definitely took some getting used to and I've had some of my most confident moments but also some of my biggest crashes too. Gotta say I've learned to love it's crazy behaviour though haha.
Had intended to buy the new enduro but with the upgrades this bike fits that space well and I recently bought a 2020 demo 29 instead.
The two compliment each other really well definitely feel I've got all bases covered now.
Anyway just thought I'd share and stoked to see so many of you loving this bike like I do !

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 18:03 Quote
Has anyone tried a short travel conversion on an evo yet? You can convert the regular Stumpjumper from long travel to short travel easily using a different shock yoke and shock. I feel like a short travel evo would be a wicked sick bike. Let me know if any of you have tried this yet. If not I might give it a go and let y’all know with the results.

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 18:12 Quote
lindblomxc wrote:
I feel like a short travel evo would be a wicked sick bike. Let me know if any of you have tried this yet. If not I might give it a go and let y’all know with the results.

It's no crazier than the super slack hardtails some folks like. Looking forward to your thoughts on it!

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 22:57 Quote
lindblomxc wrote:
Has anyone tried a short travel conversion on an evo yet? You can convert the regular Stumpjumper from long travel to short travel easily using a different shock yoke and shock. I feel like a short travel evo would be a wicked sick bike. Let me know if any of you have tried this yet. If not I might give it a go and let y’all know with the results.

It would probably make the already super low bb just too low. But hey, if you can figure out something - it would be an awesome short travel bike.

Active Forum Threads
10 mins ago - Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
26 mins ago - Post Your Trek Remedy, Scratch, or Slash!
34 mins ago - Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
34 mins ago - Bike protection on hitch mounted rack
44 mins ago - Renthal Fatbar Lite V2 black handlebars M186-01-BK - red logo - removing
1 hours ago - Shimano xt - any downsides to metallic pads (vs resin)?
1 hours ago - Converting Specialized Stmpjmpr (‘16) to 1x11: What Cranks? Hub change?
1 hours ago - Patrol internal cable port cover screws
1 hours ago - Crank witdh DH vs AM/Enduro
2 hours ago - Post your Propain!
3 hours ago - The morzine-les gets thread
3 hours ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
3 hours ago - REpOrT::gENUINE LOST LOVE SPELLS CASTER IN SANDTON +27761923297 POLOKWANE/MAURITIUS/KENYA/DURBAN/KIMBERLEY
3 hours ago - 100% eFFECTIVE lOST lOVE sPELLS +27761923297 IN GRENADA//PAPUA NEW GUINEA/USA/MALTA/BELGIUM/LOS ANGELS/POLAND/ARGENTINA
3 hours ago - POWERFUL lOST lOVE SpELLS IN SERBIA +27761923297KOSOVO=TEXAS=GEORGIA=ALABAMA=NEW JERSEY=ILLNOIS
3 hours ago - HoW To bRING bACK LOST LOVE +27761923297 IN KEMPTON PARK//PRETORIA//CAPE TOWN//TEMBISA//MIDRAND/RANDBURG/DURBAN
3 hours ago - SpElLs:+27761923297 POWERFUL LOST LOVE SPELLS IN CANADA//NAMIBIA/KENYA/USA/MICHIGAN/JAMAICA/GREECE/ATHENS
4 hours ago - TaG:0027(761923297)LOST LOVE SPELLS IN UK/LONDON/FINLAND/AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND/FLORIDA
4 hours ago - Sexiest DH bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
5 hours ago - Rescan all my rides
5 hours ago - Bulk editing my ride logs
5 hours ago - Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
5 hours ago - YT Capra Owners
6 hours ago - 2019 Stumpjumper Evo
7 hours ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005279
Mobile Version of Website