2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 12:48 Quote
The 250psi max (pre 2019) X2’s fit alloy.

Cane creek DB Air Cs fits, this shock works well with the Evo and is very tuneable. It has a smallish negative chamber however so that small bump compliance isn’t as good as the x2 in that department.

Next weekend will be my last ride on the Evo. I bought a meta 29 AM frameset. See what that’s like. My time on the Evo was eye opening as to how geometry can make a trail bike do dh bike stuff in short. The meta is no where near as progressive in the geo numbers but this can also be a good thing I find. Not to mention the rear suspension actually works Wink

I don’t know if I’ll sell the frame or keep it for later. Any aussies chasing a 29er alloy s3 frame with dropper, headset, BB and a shock of their choice give me a yell.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 23:21 Quote
jasonwd wrote:
Has anyone made a list of which shocks fit?

I'm looking for an air shock for my Pro and this thread is _looooong_!
Superdeluxe fits, DVO Topaz fits, a Manitou Mara should also fit, Fox X2 fits (only in the S2 its really close I remember?), Suntour Triair fits.

I would go for the Manitou Mara or Suoerdeluxe+ MegNeg Can.
Im considering it for my normal Stumpjumper.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 6:23 Quote
[Quote="NotNamed"][Quote="jasonwd"]

Thanks @kwapik and @NotNamed

I test rode an alloy on a long ride covering Seymour and Fromme and was totally in love with the playfulness, then got the Carbon and felt weirdly short changed! I'll go for an X2 and maybe stick the coil in for Whistler

I'd really like to ask SBC why they put a coil on the Carbon

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 14:36 Quote
I recently purchased the Marzocchi Bomber shock for the rear but it looks like the hardware for the upper mounting hardware is slightly different? Does anyone know what it is off the top of their head? I have not been able to find what width spacers I need for it to fit. I thought it would be a straight trade from the dpx2 but its guess its slightly different..

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 15:21 Quote
BrantHavro wrote:
I recently purchased the Marzocchi Bomber shock for the rear but it looks like the hardware for the upper mounting hardware is slightly different? Does anyone know what it is off the top of their head? I have not been able to find what width spacers I need for it to fit. I thought it would be a straight trade from the dpx2 but its guess its slightly different..

For my EXT shock it was 20x6 hardware

O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 16:30 Quote
bedwards13 wrote:
BrantHavro wrote:

For my EXT shock it was 20x6 hardware

Good to know, thank you!

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 3:43 Quote
It’s not 20x6mm, it’s 20x5.

I’ve just bought a ttx coil taken off a Levo and the hole is too big! The bolt is 5mm on the stumpy.
Now, I’m not an expert on this and if I’m wrong and have just screwed it please tell me!

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 11:11 Quote
New link is in the works from Cascade Components that adds 5mm of travel and progression. Link to the link:

http://cascadecomponents.bike/stumpjumper-lt-link-2018-current/

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 3:42 Quote
I've seen it, but im not sure if they ship it to the EU. If so that would perhaps be a perfect solution for this bike Big Grin

kwapik wrote:
New link is in the works from Cascade Components that adds 5mm of travel and progression. Link to the link:

http://cascadecomponents.bike/stumpjumper-lt-link-2018-current/

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 7:33 Quote
Darkysh wrote:
I've seen it, but im not sure if they ship it to the EU. If so that would perhaps be a perfect solution for this bike Big Grin

We can ship anywhere in the world. Standard USPS international shipping is usually around $25USD.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 8:31 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
Darkysh wrote:

We can ship anywhere in the world. Standard USPS international shipping is usually around $25USD.

Would the travel remain the same with a 55mm shock on a 29er? Would you recommend a heavier shock (coil) as the initial leverage is higher?

Thanks,

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 9:26 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:

Would the travel remain the same with a 55mm shock on a 29er? Would you recommend a heavier shock (coil) as the initial leverage is higher?

Thanks,

With a 55 mm shock the travel would increase to 160 mm with our link. We do recommend a heavier spring than what would provide 30% sag with the stock link. We have a table of recommended spring rates on our page for the link. For the people that are over-springing their shock with the stock link they likely won't have to change spring rate.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 at 10:14 Quote
NickBit wrote:
It’s not 20x6mm, it’s 20x5.

I’ve just bought a ttx coil taken off a Levo and the hole is too big! The bolt is 5mm on the stumpy.
Now, I’m not an expert on this and if I’m wrong and have just screwed it please tell me!

Your wrong. New updates stumpy frames use

IGUS Bushing Shocks, 6mmx 0.787" / 20mm

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:

With a 55 mm shock the travel would increase to 160 mm with our link. We do recommend a heavier spring than what would provide 30% sag with the stock link. We have a table of recommended spring rates on our page for the link. For the people that are over-springing their shock with the stock link they likely won't have to change spring rate.[/Quote]

Is this linkage suitable for use with cane creek progressive rate spring? Looking forward to trying this out when it's available

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012623
Mobile Version of Website