2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2020 at 21:49 Quote
Just ordered a 29er evo frame today! Pretty stoked about it. Does anyone know the headset size?

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 2:03 Quote
Hi !
I wonder if replacing the damper with 55mm one works the same as removing the band in dpx2? I mean the geometry. The total length of these dampers is the same?
Thx

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 9:55 Quote
YellowYeti wrote:
Hi !
I wonder if replacing the damper with 55mm one works the same as removing the band in dpx2? I mean the geometry. The total length of these dampers is the same?
Thx
Correct

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
oregontradesman wrote:
Just ordered a 29er evo frame today! Pretty stoked about it. Does anyone know the headset size?

Frame only option comes with the headset, chain guide, carbon headset spacers and other small miscellaneous parts.

The headset is is42/is52.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
kwapik wrote:
oregontradesman wrote:

Frame only option comes with the headset, chain guide, and other small miscellaneous parts.

The headset set is is42/is52.

Thank you!

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 16:49 Quote
Hey all !
About to take delivery of my SJ comp carbon Evo red tint tomorrow, and am already thinking of mods to do !

I think ill be happy with the rear dpx2 shock, but know I will want more travel out of the rear.

I read in this thread that I can cut or remove a shock shaft spacer to allow the fox shock to cycle 55mm over the stock 50mm.

Is this an obvious mod where I will easily see what the spacer is? or is there a how-to thread or page I can look at ?

I am comfortable with mechanical work as I build motorcycles and cars all the time, just getting into bikes though.

I found a good video on how to swap the forks to higher travel numbers with the air shaft Big Grin

Looking forward to riding the Evo soon !

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
Sterling-vH111 wrote:
Hey all !
About to take delivery of my SJ comp carbon Evo red tint tomorrow, and am already thinking of mods to do !

I think ill be happy with the rear dpx2 shock, but know I will want more travel out of the rear.

I read in this thread that I can cut or remove a shock shaft spacer to allow the fox shock to cycle 55mm over the stock 50mm.

Is this an obvious mod where I will easily see what the spacer is? or is there a how-to thread or page I can look at ?

I am comfortable with mechanical work as I build motorcycles and cars all the time, just getting into bikes though.

I found a good video on how to swap the forks to higher travel numbers with the air shaft Big Grin

Looking forward to riding the Evo soon !

We just did this on my buddies. On the inner shaft you’ll see a rubber gasket and then a thin metal plate near the top by the volume spacer. Pull the plate down and there’s a black metal spacer there. We just cut off with dykes.

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 17:48 Quote
Has anyone put longer cranks on their S3, and if so, how did it go?

I see it comes with 165s, but I'm 192cm and if i'm gonna pedal this thing around would like longer cranks.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 22:44 Quote
Pennyrisk wrote:

I see it comes with 165s, but I'm 192cm and if i'm gonna pedal this thing around would like longer cranks.
I believe the ones I've fitted are 175mm and I smack my pedals EVERYWHERE lol

Posted: Apr 28, 2020 at 23:13 Quote
Pennyrisk wrote:

It's about 1 cm lower than average at the point in the travel at which strikes typically occur.

There are ways to keep it higher in the travel:

• More low-speed compression damping
• Less sag via more pressure in the shock with few or no reducers in the positive chamber
• Less sag via reducers in the negative chamber

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 0:39 Quote
Thanks for the info. I figure running a longer fork will help too. I'd be happy enough with 170.

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 0:41 Quote
A longer fork will raise the BB by about 30% of the increase in fork length, multiplied by the portion of travel remaining on the fork, i.e. the improvement is a function of compression.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 8:58 Quote
I run 170mm cranks on an S3 27.5. I get a fair few pedal strikes even with a 160mm fork and 'high' setting (it's offset by -1mm but that's another story - see yoke interference above!).

It still corners well and it just one of those things - in really rocky terrain if pedalling I do tend to flick the lever on the shock to the mid position.

My friend has an S3 29 with 170mm cranks also and rarely has pedal strikes in 'low' setting with stock Fox 36 150mm The 29 BB is a little higher anyways on the 29 and he's a better rider!

Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
steel4real wrote:
The 29 BB is a little higher anyways

A good point. If Specialized's stated numbers are correct (a couple magazines have found they're a bit off), the 700c version is higher than the 650b. The latter would not be the bike for long cranks!

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
Has anyone else found that they get a CRAZY amount of chain slap on this bike?? It's driving me crazy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019763
Mobile Version of Website