2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
FL
Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 22:59 Quote
wowbagger wrote:
Jesus, i bet Specialized Enduros have nightmares about this thing Big Grin
Nice build!

Thanks dude, Very happy with the bike. It's the perfect "downhillers" trail bike.

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 19:23 Quote
Spesh Evo Comp 27.5
Spesh Evo Comp 27.5

Spesh Evo Comp 27.5
Spesh Evo Comp 27.5

Spesh Evo Comp 27.5
Spesh Evo Comp 27.5

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 21:44 Quote
Looking good. One of the few black frames I've seen tup

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 15:30 Quote
Hi guys,

I got myself an S2 Evo 27.5 Al recently and love it so far. I’ve done a few bike park days with uplift, and a couple of off piste days at the local trails.

I’m just wondering if other owners have used Specialized suspension setup widget on their website here:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/suspension-calculator/app

I’ve put my height(5’ 8”) and weight (167lbs) into it and the recommendations are all within a few psi of what I was running except the rear shock. It’s recommended 208psi and I ran it much lower before checking it.

It’s my first time running the Fox DPX2 shock so I wonder how close you guys are all running to the recommend psi from Specialized?

I’m planning to set it as per the recommendation and try it next time I’m out, but am curious how you have yours setup.

Cheers all,

Matty B

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 18:54 Quote
I have the same bike 210 in the rear ,I weigh175 lbs , I found recommended shock setting to more accurate than fork setting .I have since moved on to a coil fork and soon to be coil in the rear ..Enjoy your bike , I really like mine

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 1:12 Quote
Hi Matt,

Didnt know about this calculator, i was running all a bit slower and not so hard. I also have removed the spacer from the rear shock and raised the fork to 160MM. Will try these settings now Smile

Cheers buddy

mattbenney wrote:
Hi guys,

I got myself an S2 Evo 27.5 Al recently and love it so far. I’ve done a few bike park days with uplift, and a couple of off piste days at the local trails.

I’m just wondering if other owners have used Specialized suspension setup widget on their website here:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/suspension-calculator/app

I’ve put my height(5’ 8”) and weight (167lbs) into it and the recommendations are all within a few psi of what I was running except the rear shock. It’s recommended 208psi and I ran it much lower before checking it.

It’s my first time running the Fox DPX2 shock so I wonder how close you guys are all running to the recommend psi from Specialized?

I’m planning to set it as per the recommendation and try it next time I’m out, but am curious how you have yours setup.

Cheers all,

Matty B

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 16:43 Quote
Curious how the DPX2 feels after removing the spacer? Is it a noticeable improvement?
I will be going to a coil shock eventually so just not sure if it is worth removing.
I have converted the fork to 160 coil smash-pot and really like it.
Have some 165 crank arms to swap in as I am still getting some pedal strikes.

FL
Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 20:50 Quote
I’m still not sure why spec don’t make this a 150+ travel bike because that’s where it thrives. Best thing I did was turning mine into a mini downhill bike. The anti squat in the kinematics means it pedals the same as when it was 140mm. I say do it.

Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 21:15 Quote
I agree but I am thinking a new enduro with similar geometry as the demo and evo would fit the bill ,I am kinda glad it is just 150mm

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 23:01 Quote
Brasher wrote:
I’m still not sure why spec don’t make this a 150+ travel bike because that’s where it thrives. Best thing I did was turning mine into a mini downhill bike. The anti squat in the kinematics means it pedals the same as when it was 140mm. I say do it.

Sounds good! Thanks

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 23:22 Quote
Brasher-curious your thoughts on using a progressive spring? Like MRP offers.
I plan to get a 210-55 DHX2 but am curious if the EVO would suit a progressive spring or not?
Don't know a lot about linkage curve etc.

FL
Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 23:41 Quote
It’s moderately progressive. Compared to the enduro and regular stumpy it’s a lot more progressive I’d say. But compared to something like a YT not so much. It really works well with a coil however. As long as you can dial in a bit of high speed compression like the DHX2 then you will be fine.

I’d like to run a mrp spring but they don’t come in a high enough spring rate for me. I went down to a 600lb for this weekend of chairlift riding and it was unreal, but when I head to the bike park and jump I can bottom it out really easy so I go back to 650lb and half a turn more HSC.

Cane creek are not digging the fact I’m riding a IL Coil on a stumpy due to some failures they have seen so are sending me a DB Air Cs which is good of them. I really like the fox x2 and apparently this isn’t far off so it sounds like a good shock for the bikepark.

But I think you will really like the DHX2. I’m waiting to snag one second hand from a carbon model if someone doesn’t like it or something.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 23:49 Quote
Brasher wrote:
It’s moderately progressive. Compared to the enduro and regular stumpy it’s a lot more progressive I’d say. But compared to something like a YT not so much. It really works well with a coil however. As long as you can dial in a bit of high speed compression like the DHX2 then you will be fine.

I’d like to run a mrp spring but they don’t come in a high enough spring rate for me. I went down to a 600lb for this weekend of chairlift riding and it was unreal, but when I head to the bike park and jump I can bottom it out really easy so I go back to 650lb and half a turn more HSC.

Cane creek are not digging the fact I’m riding a IL Coil on a stumpy due to some failures they have seen so are sending me a DB Air Cs which is good of them. I really like the fox x2 and apparently this isn’t far off so it sounds like a good shock for the bikepark.

But I think you will really like the DHX2. I’m waiting to snag one second hand from a carbon model if someone doesn’t like it or something.

Yeah, I am thinking DHX2 will be rad. Might order a MRP progressive spring to try on it. Never know....

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
Got into the shock. Took out the 0.86 volume spacer out. See how it rides.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019010
Mobile Version of Website