2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 11:46 Quote
streetfighter848 wrote:
oregontradesman wrote:
streetfighter848 wrote:

Alright, I am right about your weight. So the CCDB Air IL has had no issues? That's good news. Are you running 210x52.5 or 210x55? Oops, 275 or 29 Evo, and what size? Thanks

I’m running it as the stock 210x50. I’ve never taken nor seen how a CC shock is taken apart to cut the spacer. Figured when it does go bad I’ll send it in for service and ask them to extend the travel. I’m on a 29er S3

I see. I'm on a 275, hence the 210x52.5. It sounds like folks have been running the longer stroke with no issues to get longer travel. I'm not sure if the spacer "cut" is available with CCDB, I was asking or wondering more about running a different size CCDB shock altogether (like 201x52.5 for 29er, and 210x55 for the 275).

I ran the dpx2 at 210x55 just fine.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 12:37 Quote
glicker wrote:

****question*****
What droppers is everyone running? Command sucks.

Here's some 34.9 dropper posts options:

Bike yoke
PNW components
KS
X fusion
Rockshox
Tranzx
Specialized
OneUp
Crankbrothers
SDG

Depends on what you want to spend. I'm using both the x-fusion manic and a tranzx. Both work perfectly. I see the CB Highline is on sale for $160 and the PNW Rainier is $180. Usually the Tranzx/Brand-x are even more reasonable.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 4:17 Quote
oregontradesman wrote:
streetfighter848 wrote:
oregontradesman wrote:

I’m running it as the stock 210x50. I’ve never taken nor seen how a CC shock is taken apart to cut the spacer. Figured when it does go bad I’ll send it in for service and ask them to extend the travel. I’m on a 29er S3

I see. I'm on a 275, hence the 210x52.5. It sounds like folks have been running the longer stroke with no issues to get longer travel. I'm not sure if the spacer "cut" is available with CCDB, I was asking or wondering more about running a different size CCDB shock altogether (like 201x52.5 for 29er, and 210x55 for the 275).

Wait, did you actually purchase a longer stroke DPX2, or cut the spacer off?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 10:20 Quote
I'm on the hunt for a shorter crank, ideally I want a 160mm. I cant seem to find any in that length though, I've emailed Hope to see if its possible to fit the ebike cranks (they are a isis bb) but just wondering if any of you know any in 160mm?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 11:45 Quote
Canfield has 155 or 160.

https://canfieldbikes.com/products/canfield-bikes-am-dh-cranks?variant=32779383373899&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvLLto6ru6wIVwCCtBh1frw7aEAQYASABEgICEfD_BwE

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 13:10 Quote
Cheers, they look ideal!

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 15:06 Quote
I ran 155mm on my ebike for a while, it's super weird at first and feels like you are riding a kids bike but the ground clearance is awesome once you become accustomed to it.

Mine were from a company called Miranda.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 19:53 Quote
streetfighter848 wrote:
oregontradesman wrote:
streetfighter848 wrote:

Wait, did you actually purchase a longer stroke DPX2, or cut the spacer off?

Spacer cut

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 22:03 Quote
For anyone curious, I took a slightly different route than most with this bike and opted for a Vorsprung Tractive tuned Super Deluxe.

For reference, I'm 220 pounds,using the stock link, and suffered what many of you experience with having no small bump compliance and finding bottom out quickly for running such high air pressures ( I was running 285psi with roughly 30 percent sag and the largest positive air volume spacer Fox has). After talking to my local suspension tuner, he noted two things. One- the rebound tune of the RX tuned Stumpjumper shock is very, very light. Two- on the DPX2 the rebound circuit has a effect on the low speed compression circuit. The more rebound you put on, you are also effectively adding on low speed compression. Which adds to the harsh, no small bump feel. Especially if you're a heavier rider.

So in the end he talked me into and provided me with the needed tune for the Super Deluxe. After a handful of rides I can say this tune has seemingly fixed the issues I was having. I'm now running a longer stroke (52.5mm),have 3 positive volume spacers and ended up running 270psi for approximately 28 percent sag,with one click of low speed compression. Small bump has greatly increased, the bike feels lively and gives you something to push against, and while I'm still finding bottom out it definitely feels much more controlled. I'm still trying to hone in the set up, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Only downsides I've noticed are that the shock feels very wooden and muted on flat/rolling stuff, the climb switch no longer provides a super firm feeling (which doesn't really matter, and vorsprung is up front about), and putting a Super Deluxe in this frame (alloy, S2, 29") causes a water bottle to barely fit, even after lengthening the slots on the bottle cage.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 23:32 Quote
Tayrob wrote:
For anyone curious, I took a slightly different route than most with this bike and opted for a Vorsprung Tractive tuned Super Deluxe.

For reference, I'm 220 pounds,using the stock link, and suffered what many of you experience with having no small bump compliance and finding bottom out quickly for running such high air pressures ( I was running 285psi with roughly 30 percent sag and the largest positive air volume spacer Fox has). After talking to my local suspension tuner, he noted two things. One- the rebound tune of the RX tuned Stumpjumper shock is very, very light. Two- on the DPX2 the rebound circuit has a effect on the low speed compression circuit. The more rebound you put on, you are also effectively adding on low speed compression. Which adds to the harsh, no small bump feel. Especially if you're a heavier rider.

So in the end he talked me into and provided me with the needed tune for the Super Deluxe. After a handful of rides I can say this tune has seemingly fixed the issues I was having. I'm now running a longer stroke (52.5mm),have 3 positive volume spacers and ended up running 270psi for approximately 28 percent sag,with one click of low speed compression. Small bump has greatly increased, the bike feels lively and gives you something to push against, and while I'm still finding bottom out it definitely feels much more controlled. I'm still trying to hone in the set up, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Only downsides I've noticed are that the shock feels very wooden and muted on flat/rolling stuff, the climb switch no longer provides a super firm feeling (which doesn't really matter, and vorsprung is up front about), and putting a Super Deluxe in this frame (alloy, S2, 29") causes a water bottle to barely fit, even after lengthening the slots on the bottle cage.

Thanks for the info!

Did you ever try removing one or two of the negative spring spacers on the stock DPX2? I found that helped with small bump compliance. I'm 215 lbs and running the DPX2 on an S2 275 Evo, but I also installed the Cascade link, which helped quite a bit as well.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
I did try that, the unfortunate side effect was causing more sag than I wanted there to be, which in turn led me to higher air pressures (over 300psi), which required more rebound damping leading me back pretty much to square one.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 20:32 Quote
Old thread, but how much travel does the Fox DPX2 190x45 have?

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 10:46 Quote
Wanted to verify, the upper mount for the rear shock requires 20 x 6mm eyelet hardware, correct?

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 12:31 Quote
streetfighter848 wrote:
Wanted to verify, the upper mount for the rear shock requires 20 x 6mm eyelet hardware, correct?

Correct.

Posted: Sep 23, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
fatskizz wrote:
Old thread, but how much travel does the Fox DPX2 190x45 have?
45mm

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006942
Mobile Version of Website