2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
Brasher wrote:
You can use a 216x57 with an 3mm offset bushing in the top mount and the bike in high mode. This gives 211mm eye to eye.

The issue is the offset bushings can rotate screwing the geo and possibly hitting the yoke on the frame.

I’m running a 210x55 cane creek Db air at the moment testing for them and I can’t tell the difference in 2mm Of stroke. This air shock actually really impressed me. I think I prefer it to the IL coil now I have it dialled in. Small bump is almost just as good as the coil with the ramp up at the end of stroke that air gives. I’d actually recommend it highly.

When installed correctly, Offset Bushings won't rotate during use. It's a non-issue fortunately as the compression forces on the shock will keep them in the right position Smile

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 21:55 Quote
Hi, Here is my modified Stumpy Evo.
Only the frame is stock, I’m currently dialling in the suspension with a Suss My Ride gizmo.
Hugely impressed with stability and poise. I did an uplift on Saturday and it was fantastic.

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
Hi guys, I need some help with what to do next, I’ve ordered a stumpy evo 29” and I saw it’s about 10mm less travel than the 27.5” stumpy evo. I’m wondering what I should do to get the rear travel to around 150/160 on the 29”stumpy evo alloy. Any suggestions?

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 14:18 Quote
Put a 210x52.5 or 210x55 shock on it.

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 16:05 Quote
210x55 makes these bikes a lot better.

I’ve gone back to air on mine. Cane creek DB air this time. Very nice shock and I actually prefer it over the coil shock which is weird. Small bump is not far off the coil and the ramp up at the end of the stroke is welcome. These cane creeks are good shocks I’m finding but really take a lot of tuning to get right.

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 21:14 Quote
I think this bike is pretty much done now (famous last words)

Weighed in at 16.4kg lol. Cushcore front and back, coil fork and nil consideration for weight saving anywhere else Smile

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
I just bought the 27.5 S3 with the DHX2 coil. Does anyone know if you can remove the spacer. Above the bottom out bumper to increase travel. If I could make this 160 shock/170 fork I’d sell my DH bike. It handles so good and is much more fun on all but the very steepest trails.

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 21:02 Quote
yep, under the bumpstop there is a 5mm spacer, carfully snip it off and you have a 210x55 shock all the sudden.

Mine is 170f 155 rear, I'm faster on most trails (besides the real gnarly stuff) than my 18 S-works demo.

I'd happily race it.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
Brasher wrote:

I’ve gone back to air on mine. Cane creek DB air this time. Very nice shock and I actually prefer it over the coil shock which is weird. Small bump is not far off the coil and the ramp up at the end of the stroke is welcome. These cane creeks are good shocks I’m finding but really take a lot of tuning to get right.

Did you change the forks or leave them?

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 23:38 Quote
I can confirm that taking out the spacer will improve your ride, also i have changed the travel of the fork to 160MM. Rides like a dream now.
Additional on the rear hub, Specialized send me a new one, a better one from DTSwiss.

Billycolvin wrote:
Brasher wrote:

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 7:48 Quote
Does anyone know if you are able to change the wheels in a 29” stumpy evo s2 and put in 27.5” without having to change anything?

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 15:28 Quote
Billycolvin wrote:
Brasher wrote:

Same rythym fork, however it’s now 170mm and coil sprung with a vorsprung smashpot.

So it’s half original lol

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
Billycolvin wrote:
Does anyone know if you are able to change the wheels in a 29” stumpy evo s2 and put in 27.5” without having to change anything?

The bottom bracket would be so low you wouldn’t be able to pedal!

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 23:22 Quote
Yep aha, thought that might be the case. What about the flip chip?

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 1:33 Quote
I had the same question but in reverse - will the 27.5 Evo accept a 29 wheel in the back? If irear triangles take 27.5+ they usually take a 29.

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.012923
Mobile Version of Website