2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
Cable74 wrote:
mattcooksb wrote:
Cable74 wrote:

Thanks, those are some good points. I went with a cane creek progressive because they start to ramp up at the mid point of the stroke. And I do feel a bit more mid stroke support. But you are right, I might be undersprung as CC recommends 525 for my weight. DVO said overstroking puts more stress on the shock, I dont see how but thats why i went with 50mm.

Good to hear that your setup is working for you.

Are you running a Jade X? We didn't add much HSC compression even with my weight so maybe that's the issue. Mostly a lot of HSR with a different piston. Also, the actual spring rate at sag of a progressive is around 25lb lower than a normal spring. So your 500lb is equivalent to a 475lb regular spring at sag. Maybe try bumping up to a 550 progressive.

MRP has some good info on the topic: https://mrpbike.com/products/enduro-progressive-coil-springs?variant=31979589632063

Yes the Jade X. I didn't really have much inpurt in the custom tune process. But I remember they did say more was changed on the rebound side and less was changed in compression tune.

Before my custom tune with the 500lb linear spring, I was blowing through the travel and the ride ended up being harsh because it sat so low. Since I just got the 500lb progressive coil, Being under sprung didn't even cross my mind. But I think that could be why it feels saggy in the parking lot, harsh in the chunk, and bottoming out easily. Oh well, there goes another $100 out the pocket so I can ride my bike very averagely.

I've always been a set and forget type of guy but this bike is really bringing out the puzzler in me haha.

photo
According to the cane creek chart, Their progressive coils have the same rates at sag as the linear.

Check your bladder pressure too. Should be 175-180. And not sure if you measured sag, but you can slide the rubber bottom out bumper up and measure off that. You want 28-30%. I went to DVO and chatted while my shock was being done, and they mentioned the Stumpy is the hardest bike to get set up right. This was coming from the main guy that has been doing all the factory moto and mtb suspension since Marzocchi days. You might need to have them tune it again if your current spring is giving you the right sag.

Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 22:28 Quote
Thanks man, you've been super helpful. I'll definitely consult DVO for my next move. Or just suck it up and ride it cuz I've spent way too much money on the rear suspension of this bike lol. At this point I almost could've bought a new frame rather than used

Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 17:02 Quote
Anyone know if the new Chris King dropset 5 fits a 2019 stumpy evo? Thanks guys

Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
Upper bearing ream depth needs to be 6.85-7.05mm, I would measure before purchasing.

Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 17:53 Quote
outlawtaco wrote:
Upper bearing ream depth needs to be 6.85-7.05mm, I would measure before purchasing.

True, I guess I’m just being lazy. This is what put me on the brainwave: https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/ttran037,54332/setup,43399

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 9:36 Quote
Anyone tried a Push Eleven-Six or EXT on this frame?

Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
Ok, so Push definitely does NOT support the 2019 EVO. Anyone running an Ohlins TTX22 coil setup? Do they offer their spherical bearings and what size/spec would I need? Also, does it already come with the required bushing(s) if the bearings will not work?

TYIA

Posted: Jul 31, 2021 at 19:49 Quote
streetfighter848 wrote:
Anyone tried a Push Eleven-Six or EXT on this frame?

yep, had one (the EXT storia) in my 19 evo for a few weeks while I was in NZ thanks to proflow suspension (as my cane creek died while on holiday)

Best shock I had tried on the evo, nearly enough to make the rear end actually good.

Couldn't justify the cost at the time unfortunately.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 16:03 Quote
I have the elevensix on a 2020 Evo. Fits and works fine.

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 22:49 Quote
EdSawyer wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the 2020 EVO is completely different from the 2019. I talked extensively with one of the tech guys at Push and he assured me they never tested a 2019 EVO. So they don't even list it as one of their supported products on their website. Lame.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 23:40 Quote
Has anyone tried hope floating rotors on the stock code r brake calipers? It seems like there's clearance on some SRAM calipers with some fork / frame combos and not with others, so just wanted to verify. I'm on S2 alloy 27.5 if that has any relevance.

Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 0:26 Quote
Gonuts-4-donuts wrote:
Has anyone tried hope floating rotors on the stock code r brake calipers? It seems like there's clearance on some SRAM calipers with some fork / frame combos and not with others, so just wanted to verify. I'm on S2 alloy 27.5 if that has any relevance.

Don't do it. I had to file my caliper mount to make it fit, there was so little meat that it actually snapped the mount on a riding holiday.

So that was Hope 200mm rotors on Code-R's, it did look super cool though.

https://youtu.be/RuJ-s8Gb1as

photo

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2021 at 1:15 Quote
[Quote="Brasher"]
Gonuts-4-donuts wrote:

Don't do it. I had to file my caliper mount to make it fit, there was so little meat that it actually snapped the mount on a riding holiday.

So that was Hope 200mm rotors on Code-R's, it did look super cool though.

https://youtu.be/RuJ-s8Gb1as

Ah that sucks. Does look sick though, if I'm being honest I just want them for the orange color. Centerlines will have to do I suppose.

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
streetfighter848 wrote:
EdSawyer wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the 2020 EVO is completely different from the 2019. I talked extensively with one of the tech guys at Push and he assured me they never tested a 2019 EVO. So they don't even list it as one of their supported products on their website. Lame.

They are the same, except for the colors.

But the 2021 EVO is completely different.

Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 7:30 Quote
severniy wrote:
streetfighter848 wrote:
EdSawyer wrote:

They are the same, except for the colors.

But the 2021 EVO is completely different.

Interesting. They clearly DO NOT list either the 2019 OR 2020 EVO as one of their supported frames.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010246
Mobile Version of Website