2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 1:41 Quote
Yes apparently it can go from 27.5 to 29 and still rides well when in low.

The Geo chip gives 6mm difference in B.B. height by the way.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 2:31 Quote
Thanks Brasher - where did you get that info?

Cheers again

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 5:13 Quote
Does any of you have added volume spacers to the shock ? Even tho i have removed the inside spacer, and i have now 210x55 shock, i feel i blow to easy thru the travel. I think a volume spacer can solve this ?

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
Darkysh wrote:
Does any of you have added volume spacers to the shock ? Even tho i have removed the inside spacer, and i have now 210x55 shock, i feel i blow to easy thru the travel. I think a volume spacer can solve this ?

I ran a 0.2 spacer in air shock and it felt good. I am 170lbs geared up.
I have a 210x55 Ext Storia coil shock now and it is amazing.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 1:11 Quote
Anyone know the rim weight on these? Upgrading my rear hub to something with more than 2 POE, wondering if I should upgrade the rim while I'm there.

I know someone said the complete wheelset was 2260g, hoping it's mainly the rear hub making up the heft.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 1:24 Quote
The weight is mostly in the nx cassette. The hubs and wheel combo isn’t that heavy. The engagement is ok but not the fastest.

I recently swapped my wheels to DT Swiss ex511’s on hope pro 4’s and swapped to XD driver to run a gx cassette.

The weight savings were barely anything haha. But the engagement of the hubs much better and I know the DT Swiss rims can take a beating.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 18:15 Quote
Brasher wrote:
The weight is mostly in the nx cassette. The hubs and wheel combo isn’t that heavy. The engagement is ok but not the fastest.

I recently swapped my wheels to DT Swiss ex511’s on hope pro 4’s and swapped to XD driver to run a gx cassette.

The weight savings were barely anything haha. But the engagement of the hubs much better and I know the DT Swiss rims can take a beating.

That NX cassette is a beast alright, that will go too. On the POE, I think if you're used to high POE it's very hard to go back.

EX511s are a good choice, would be my pic too.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 5:21 Quote
Hey guys,

I have read the whole thread and I am very interested in a stumpy Evo, but have a few questions that you may be able to answer?

Do we know if the Fox x2 shock will fit? I have heard due to the air can size it wont, but can anyone confirm this? As I have a 210x55 that could transfer from my rocky mountain.

It appears a lot of you use this bike for park and mainly dh riding. does anyone use it for trail riding or longer rides? My riding consists of such a range of riding, so I need something that can do a 40km trail loop as well as days at the bike park.

Having never owned a 29er, i'm not sure if the big wheels are for me, despite knowing their advantages. I recently had a go on my friends Starling Murmur. It was a large frame and I would ride a medium, but it felt huge. With the saddle up pedalling I felt so high up. It was like I was on the bike rather than in the bike. Is this something that is standard on all 29er when coming from a fairly compact 27.5 (rocky mountain altitude 2018 in medium)? Or just my mates bike was too big for me?!

I appreciate any replies!

thanks

mat.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
I own a demo for bike park and the EVO for everything else ,even bike park , best choice in a trail bike I ever made .

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 15:17 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
Hey guys,

I have read the whole thread and I am very interested in a stumpy Evo, but have a few questions that you may be able to answer?

Do we know if the Fox x2 shock will fit? I have heard due to the air can size it wont, but can anyone confirm this? As I have a 210x55 that could transfer from my rocky mountain.

It appears a lot of you use this bike for park and mainly dh riding. does anyone use it for trail riding or longer rides? My riding consists of such a range of riding, so I need something that can do a 40km trail loop as well as days at the bike park.

Having never owned a 29er, i'm not sure if the big wheels are for me, despite knowing their advantages. I recently had a go on my friends Starling Murmur. It was a large frame and I would ride a medium, but it felt huge. With the saddle up pedalling I felt so high up. It was like I was on the bike rather than in the bike. Is this something that is standard on all 29er when coming from a fairly compact 27.5 (rocky mountain altitude 2018 in medium)? Or just my mates bike was too big for me?!

thanks

mat.

Hi Mat I'll try my best to answer your questions.

Many believed the X2 wouldn't fit, myself included. But a guy on the MTBR forum has fitted one. The caveat is that this is on a carbon model. Still no word if it will fit the Alloy version as I haven't been able to borrow a new one (300psi) can to test fit.

Can you measure the can diameter for me please and I will see if it will fit, I have a Cane Creek DB Air CS on mine with a big air can and it just sneaks it in the frame with no contact.

I use mine for Trail riding, I can go approx. 30km's before my fitness faulters, it's not the bikes problem however. Put it in "high" mode and you have an awesome trail bike. They climb fantastic!

The Evo is so long low and slack it feels like you are sitting IN the bike rather than ontop. 29 inch wheels are great on these bikes IMO. The speed this bike can generate is insane.

If you were on a medium Rocky, a S2 29'er sounds about the size for you.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 0:19 Quote
Brasher wrote:
v7fmp wrote:
Hey guys,

thanks

mat.

Hi Mat I'll try my best to answer your questions.

Many believed the X2 wouldn't fit, myself included. But a guy on the MTBR forum has fitted one. The caveat is that this is on a carbon model. Still no word if it will fit the Alloy version as I haven't been able to borrow a new one (300psi) can to test fit.

Can you measure the can diameter for me please and I will see if it will fit, I have a Cane Creek DB Air CS on mine with a big air can and it just sneaks it in the frame with no contact.

I use mine for Trail riding, I can go approx. 30km's before my fitness faulters, it's not the bikes problem however. Put it in "high" mode and you have an awesome trail bike. They climb fantastic!

The Evo is so long low and slack it feels like you are sitting IN the bike rather than ontop. 29 inch wheels are great on these bikes IMO. The speed this bike can generate is insane.

If you were on a medium Rocky, a S2 29'er sounds about the size for you.

Hi Brasher, thanks for the info.

I will try and measure the air can on the X2 and let you know the measurements.

Sounds like the bike is a pretty good all rounder then! Its just frustrating that no one near me has a demo or even one on the shop floor for me to swing a leg over.

I also see that the 2020 model is available as a frame, I assume there have been no updates, just a new colour?

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 3:18 Quote
Just new colours and some markets are getting 165mm cranks.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 3:23 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Just new colours and some markets are getting 165mm cranks.

In my opinion the RAW Alu one looks the best.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 1:26 Quote
after reading this...

https://mbaction.com/shoot-out-bike-test-stumpjumper-evo-pro-carbon/

I might stick to my trusty 27.5 wheels!

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 17:51 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
after reading this...

https://mbaction.com/shoot-out-bike-test-stumpjumper-evo-pro-carbon/

I might stick to my trusty 27.5 wheels!

I don't get that from it, I think it's a calling to look at yourself honestly and openly and really think about your riding...

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011584
Mobile Version of Website