2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
Posted: Aug 7, 2021 at 9:07 Quote
streetfighter848 wrote:
severniy wrote:
streetfighter848 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the 2020 EVO is completely different from the 2019. I talked extensively with one of the tech guys at Push and he assured me they never tested a 2019 EVO. So they don't even list it as one of their supported products on their website. Lame.

They are the same, except for the colors.

But the 2021 EVO is completely different.

Interesting. They clearly DO NOT list either the 2019 OR 2020 EVO as one of their supported frames.

IIRC suspension design is the same for both regular and evo stumpies for 2019/2020 years. If they list a regular stumpy - it’s should be good for evo. But I could be wrong.

Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 11:09 Quote
Brasher wrote:

Aw man! Did I mention this already before? That I LOVE the look of the purple with that frame, looks killer!

~JSV

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 13:41 Quote
I talked with the guys at push about this specifically. Indeed they didn’t have an evo frame from 2019 or 2020 to test with, that’s the only reason it’s not listed as a supported frame on their site. I measured the clearance before they shipped it to me, and we both agreed it would fit fine. It did fit fine, and works great. So, I would think that it should fit any of those frames. Indeed the 2021 is different than a 2019 and 2020 frames.

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 22:19 Quote
EdSawyer wrote:
I talked with the guys at push about this specifically. Indeed they didn’t have an evo frame from 2019 or 2020 to test with, that’s the only reason it’s not listed as a supported frame on their site. I measured the clearance before they shipped it to me, and we both agreed it would fit fine. It did fit fine, and works great. So, I would think that it should fit any of those frames. Indeed the 2021 is different than a 2019 and 2020 frames.

Oh wow, they sold you one for a '19/'20 Evo? They told me it fits fine. The problem is they haven't tested and tuned it for that particular model year, and discouraged me from getting one, since it wouldn't have the proper tune.

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 3:50 Quote
Hello,

Can someone with a SJ EVO LTD please supply the serial number off their rear SuperDeluxe Air Shock so I can get the correct tune ?

Cheers!

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 4:52 Quote
streetfighter848 wrote:
Oh wow, they sold you one for a '19/'20 Evo? They told me it fits fine. The problem is they haven't tested and tuned it for that particular model year, and discouraged me from getting one, since it wouldn't have the proper tune.

They did sell me one. I use it on my 2020. The suspension design is generally the same between the regular SJ and the Evo, fit was the only thing they were concerned about when I talked to them, their tuning is really based on the leverage ratio, spring rate, damping, rider weight etc. so given the similarity and suspension design between the two bikes, the tuning should be pretty much spot on. The big difference with the evo is the other geometry like head tube angle, chain stay length, seat tube angle, etc.

Posted: Aug 21, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
EdSawyer wrote:
streetfighter848 wrote:

They did sell me one. I use it on my 2020. The suspension design is generally the same between the regular SJ and the Evo, fit was the only thing they were concerned about when I talked to them, their tuning is really based on the leverage ratio, spring rate, damping, rider weight etc. so given the similarity and suspension design between the two bikes, the tuning should be pretty much spot on. The big difference with the evo is the other geometry like head tube angle, chain stay length, seat tube angle, etc.

You're lucky. I guess I talked to the wrong engineer.

Posted: Aug 22, 2021 at 6:37 Quote
Hit them up again about it.

Posted: Aug 22, 2021 at 7:53 Quote

Figured it was time to contribute after reading the majority of this thread when building

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
Hi Everyone!

Looking for someone to shine a light with sizing here.
Im 1.74m, looking into buying a 2019 specialized stumpjumper 29 evo alloy with a 160mm fox 36 up front and rear canecreek coil suspension.

The bike is s3, you think itll fit big? should i continue looking for s2?
Ill typically tide trail and ever two weekend go to a bikepark. Love mission focused rides too.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 7:40 Quote
Im 180 and the s3 feels great on me, i borrow my bike to a friend that is 1.75 for a few days and he said in the beggining it was a little too long for him, but after the 3 day he was used to it, soo maybe is not your size, but probably will work for you anyways
jooose wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Im 1.74m, looking into buying a 2019 specialized stumpjumper 29 evo alloy with a 160mm fox 36 up front and rear canecreek coil suspension.

Ill typically tide trail and ever two weekend go to a bikepark. Love mission focused rides too.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 8:27 Quote
Thanks! its definitely confusing, according to Specialized, at my height -1.74- i should be able to run s2-s3-s4 frame sizes... but when i see the geometry numbers the reach of the s3 seems quite long... That my only drawback. Any feedback on the reach feel on smaller riders riding the s3??

acorreao wrote:
Im 180 and the s3 feels great on me, i borrow my bike to a friend that is 1.75 for a few days and he said in the beggining it was a little too long for him, but after the 3 day he was used to it, soo maybe is not your size, but probably will work for you anyways
jooose wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
jooose wrote:
Thanks! its definitely confusing, according to Specialized, at my height -1.74- i should be able to run s2-s3-s4 frame sizes... but when i see the geometry numbers the reach of the s3 seems quite long... That my only drawback. Any feedback on the reach feel on smaller riders riding the s3??

I think you’re referencing the current Stumpjumper frame sizes. The 2019 Evo only came in S2 and S3, both of which were stretched way out compared to the standard models.

At your height the S3 is doable but will probably feel a bit too tall, long and cumbersome at lower speeds / flatter terrain. Probably a good fit for you hanging on at full speed in the bike park though.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 14:42 Quote
No man, what i mean is that when specialized released the 2019 alloy evo 29 they had two sizes. the reach that they had then does not correlate to the current size distribution. Thats why its a bit confusing to understand which could fit better.

jakalwil wrote:
jooose wrote:

I think you’re referencing the current Stumpjumper frame sizes. The 2019 Evo only came in S2 and S3, both of which were stretched way out compared to the standard models.

At your height the S3 is doable but will probably feel a bit too tall, long and cumbersome at lower speeds / flatter terrain. Probably a good fit for you hanging on at full speed in the bike park though.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 0:08 Quote
S2 2019/2020= S3 2021; S3 2019/2020 = S4 2021

I’m 178. And have S3 29. While I’m mostly satisfied with the bike, sometimes I take my wife’s S2 29. It’s more playful while still stable enough for my speed and my skill. If I were you - I would look for S2

jooose wrote:
No man, what i mean is that when specialized released the 2019 alloy evo 29 they had two sizes. the reach that they had then does not correlate to the current size distribution. Thats why its a bit confusing to understand which could fit better.

jakalwil wrote:
jooose wrote:

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007194
Mobile Version of Website