Any way to keep water from freezing?

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Any way to keep water from freezing?
| Next Page
Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 15:19 Quote
Man, I have been MTB'ing since 91 and never had this problem??
Guess I've been lucky.

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 1:23 Quote
Use a Camelbak and drink often, if the valve freezes up, stick it down your jacket for a couple minutes. I never had the rest of the uninsulated hose freeze, even in -20° F

Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 9:42 Quote
Just buy an insulated water bottle off Amazon or from REI. I’ve got two camelback water bottles with the squeeze type tops and they work nicely. At 14*F one started freezing up at the nozzle but it broke free as I took a drink. It was sitting on my bike for around 45 minutes without being used. I’ve had more issues with that pop top bottles freezing up but the insulated versions haven’t been too bad. I like the water bottles because they can be easily washed in a dishwasher. The bladders like a camelback are a PITA. Plus the hose always freezes on long rides.

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 at 21:46 Quote
Joemmo wrote:
Add salt. Or alcohol. Or both.

No! You drink the alcohol!

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 20:24 Quote
A thermos is a must pour warm water in and don’t fill water to cap an inch below. Finally, keep above the ground and if it’s really cold in your coat next to your body. This is what we do at work I spend extended amount of time in cold weather it works.

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 17:33 Quote
Gatorade is loaded with salt, seems to work for me...so far!

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 21:20 Quote
If using a camel back, blow the water back down the hose after drinking so that there is just air in the hose.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 15:22 Quote
Tarty to the party, but in high school our hockey team played in an outdoor rink. I was a goalie (so I had my own water bottle) ... on cold nights gator or poweraid wouldn’t freeze but water would.

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 3:18 Quote
Easy peasy put your bladder under your shell or top layer. Get one of those itty bitty roadie style ones.

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
http://barmitts.com/products.php?page=winterbot

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012142
Mobile Version of Website