What kind of pedal/shoe setup do you run for DH?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What kind of pedal/shoe setup do you run for DH?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 7:52 Quote
Got a brand new YT Tues CF about a month ago, winter just hit PA so I pretty much got it at the worst time since I will have to wait till April or so till bike parks open.

Gonna purchase some Crankbrothers Stamp 7's soon and already have fiveten shoes laying around, but was just a bit curious what everyone else out there runs? What kind of pedals, Large or Small? Flats or Clipless? Aluminum or composite? Could make for a good discussion.

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 22:28 Quote
Spank Spike flats with 5.10 Impact VXI. Super grippy.

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 0:18 Quote
Spank Oozy (flat pedals) with Adidas Terrex Trail Cross SL.
My feet are glued to my pedals.

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 13:31 Quote
Hope F20 and 5 10 freeride highs
I was using HT pedals but they are junk and horribly sealed.

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 14:56 Quote
5.10 freerider pro size 13
anvl tilts in blue

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 15:23 Quote
Five Ten freerider shoes, with either DMR Vaults, or Kona Wha Wha II's...

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 17:37 Quote
Load that bad boy up and take a trip to a park that's open all year!

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 9:35 Quote
Fiveten free riders and diety blade runners

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 12:02 Quote
Pretty interesting everyone here so far has flats, has anyone gave clipless a shot? I personally love riding clipless for trail riding and xc type stuff. But for DH it just sketches me out, for an emergency bail situation.

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 17:25 Quote
HunterK155 wrote:
Pretty interesting everyone here so far has flats, has anyone gave clipless a shot? I personally love riding clipless for trail riding and xc type stuff. But for DH it just sketches me out, for an emergency bail situation.

I ride saint clipless pedals and afton vectals half of the time.

The other half I like saint flats with 5.10s

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 9:11 Quote
Ridden flats and clipless. Currently on flats, DMR Vault and the Sam Hill 5.10 shoes. Shoes are heavy and offer very little pedal feel, but they do keep my feet from hurting after a full day at the park, unlike my freerider shoes. Guys I ride with like to stop and scope out lines and do more walking than normal to reride a section so I use flats, although I'd probably prefer to be in clipless. I'd say 90% of the DH bikes I see are flat pedals.

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 6:02 Quote
T-Macs and 5.10 Contacts for DH and DJ....size 12 shoes...perfection!

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 21:49 Quote
HunterK155 wrote:

Ive ridden them, havent crashed with them, but i cant commit to full blast railing corners with them.

Posted: Dec 21, 2018 at 8:10 Quote
HunterK155 wrote:

Back in the day I tried them for aggressive riding.....not for me. I do run SPD on my road, fixed, XC bikes. Everything else is flats.

Posted: Dec 22, 2018 at 9:34 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
Spank Oozy (flat pedals) with Adidas Terrex Trail Cross SL.
My feet are glued to my pedals.

I got the high top version and they are great on vaults and have enough grip for any hike a bike stuff.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010583
Mobile Version of Website