Pump track roller dimensions

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Pump track roller dimensions
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 10:38 Quote
I'm looking to make some wooden pump track rollers to practice on in the back yard. However, I CANNOT for the life of me find a solid reference on the best geometry, dimensions, and spacing of some basic rollers.

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 10:38 Quote
keeferinoxiv wrote:
I'm looking to make some wooden pump track rollers to practice on in the back yard. However, I CANNOT for the life of me find a solid reference on the best geometry, dimensions, and spacing of some basic rollers.
use your bike as a reference point....make the rollers a little bit longer than your bike...similary the gap between them

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 12:36 Quote
keeferinoxiv wrote:

LeeLikeBikes.com "Welcome to Pump Track Nation" e-book (2005) mentioned a 1:10 ratio. In other words, if the roller is 1 foot tall, then you want 10 feet peak to peak distance. I think that's mostly correct.

However, there is no perfect formula, because lots of things are rideable on a bike; it's just that different dimensions will feel different to ride.

Wooden Pump Tracks . . . .
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=119458&pagenum=4

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013776
Mobile Version of Website