Cheap Full Sus vs Good Hardtail

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Cheap Full Sus vs Good Hardtail
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 18:18 Quote
Should I get something like the Diamondback release 1 or something like the Nukeproof Scout 275 comp?

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 19:07 Quote
Harry1423 wrote:
Should I get something like the Diamondback release 1 or something like the Nukeproof Scout 275 comp?

Where do you ride? Usually I'd go with a hardtail all day but that Release1 is a compelling option although I'm unfamiliar with the fork/shock on that.

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 19:22 Quote
ryan77777 wrote:
Harry1423 wrote:

Where do you ride? Usually I'd go with a hardtail all day but that Release1 is a compelling option although I'm unfamiliar with the fork/shock on that.

I ride in Northeast Virginia (relatively flat)

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 20:22 Quote
Regardless of where one rides, a good hardtail will perform better and last longer than a cheap fully.

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 23:36 Quote
fretless1 wrote:
Regardless of where one rides, a good hardtail will perform better and last longer than a cheap fully.

That's to broad of a statement..don't you think.?

However, if the op rides mostly flat terrain..then I agree, a Good hardtail is tough to beat, however, if he was riding Steep techy stuff, I'd go full suss..Wink

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 5:23 Quote
Another vote for hardtail here.

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 7:12 Quote
a good hardtail is hard to beat and gets my vote.

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 20:14 Quote
If it’s flat and lots of roots/rock
A full susp helps maintain some speed.
I love my hardtail and ride it more than my full susp. But on the flatter trails with lots of roots or rocks the full suspension is more fun since
I can keep more pedaling power and speed.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007659
Mobile Version of Website