Buying Advice - 2019 Kona Blast VS 2019 Kona Cinder Cone

PB Forum :: Kona
Buying Advice - 2019 Kona Blast VS 2019 Kona Cinder Cone
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 6:49 Quote
Hi everyone,

New to MTB and this forum - I'm about to buy either the 2019 Kona Blast or the Kona Cinder Cone as my first MTB. It's winter here in Ottawa but managed to briefly test ride both. I love the geometry and ride of this hardtail so I narrowed it down to these two models. The Cinder Cone is approx. $400 more than the Blast, and runs the SRAM 1x11 groupset. The Blast runs Shimano Deore 1x10. There are other slight upgrades on the Cinder Cone but otherwise they are quite alike - what are your thoughts? It is worth moving to the Cinder Cone?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Pierre

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 18:30 Quote
arcticlife wrote:
Hi everyone,

New to MTB and this forum - I'm about to buy either the 2019 Kona Blast or the Kona Cinder Cone as my first MTB. It's winter here in Ottawa but managed to briefly test ride both. I love the geometry and ride of this hardtail so I narrowed it down to these two models. The Cinder Cone is approx. $400 more than the Blast, and runs the SRAM 1x11 groupset. The Blast runs Shimano Deore 1x10. There are other slight upgrades on the Cinder Cone but otherwise they are quite alike - what are your thoughts? It is worth moving to the Cinder Cone?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Pierre

My first real mountain bike was a Kona Cinder Cone... in 1997. I loved that bike!
Anyway, they're both perfectly fine. Looks like the same exact frame so it's really about the components and in my opinion, the Cinder Cone's components are well worth the extra money. The fork on the Cinder Cone will handle much more aggressive riding than the one on the cheaper bike.

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 15:07 Quote
I have a 2017 Blast, good ride and takes a beating

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005011
Mobile Version of Website