Dirt Jumper Stem??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jumper Stem??
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 8:49 Quote
So I'm brand new to Pinkbike, and I need some advice. I need a stem that is made to fit 31.8 bars. My current stem is the Blackmarket Underboss stem. I have a 1 1/8 steer tube, and a oversized headset, so it has the reducer cups. So because of this, I cannot run any stem that isnt flat on the bottom. I have a super short steer tube also, so I cant just put spacers on. Because of this, stems like the Deity Cavity will not fit. Any advice helps, thank you!

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 14:54 Quote
Dmr makes a 31mm stack stem. You can find them all day on eBay.
https://www.dmrbikes.com/Catalogue/Components/Stems/Defy50

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 15:17 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Dmr makes a 31mm stack stem. You can find them all day on eBay.
https://www.dmrbikes.com/Catalogue/Components/Stems/Defy50

That's a little closer, but the bottom of the stem still isnt flat, any other ideas? It's a 1 1/8 steer, but a oversized headset, and the DMR fits around a 1 1/8 headset if any of that makes sense.

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 15:23 Quote
Yfz128 wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:
Dmr makes a 31mm stack stem. You can find them all day on eBay.
https://www.dmrbikes.com/Catalogue/Components/Stems/Defy50

That's a little closer, but the bottom of the stem still isnt flat, any other ideas? It's a 1 1/8 steer, but a oversized headset, and the DMR fits around a 1 1/8 headset if any of that makes sense.

Yes, I understand. But how big is your headtube? If it’s so big the DMR won’t clear it,I’d be surprised. See pic..

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 16:25 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Yfz128 wrote:
bikebike69 wrote:
Dmr makes a 31mm stack stem. You can find them all day on eBay.
https://www.dmrbikes.com/Catalogue/Components/Stems/Defy50

That's a little closer, but the bottom of the stem still isnt flat, any other ideas? It's a 1 1/8 steer, but a oversized headset, and the DMR fits around a 1 1/8 headset if any of that makes sense.

Yes, I understand. But how big is your headtube? If it’s so big the DMR won’t clear it,I’d be surprised. See pic..

I dont know how to insert pictures, but it's a 1.5" oversized bearings, with a reducer on the inside so I can put a 1 1/8 steer. It's the FSA Pig headset.

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 0:46 Quote
I would normally NEVER recommend this stem to anyone, I had two at one point and while functional and light, it's a the mostt finicky bike-part I've installed-

The NS magneto. It actually requires you to have little-to-no steerer tube, as it is a top loader hybrid, two oeice stem that utilizes an internal wedge to clamp onto the steerer.

The bottom is flat, and as it's a top loader, it gives decent rise, at least visually it looks like your bars are sitting a little high. I actually like everything about it, aside from the fact that you so.etimes have to retighten it and that requires you to reloosen everything and start at ground-zero.

Looks-wise, it's actually very unique. I literally only bought one because of looks, and the fact that it's impossible to hurt your knees in it. Either way, worth a look

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 17:20 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
I would normally NEVER recommend this stem to anyone, I had two at one point and while functional and light, it's a the mostt finicky bike-part I've installed-

The NS magneto. It actually requires you to have little-to-no steerer tube, as it is a top loader hybrid, two oeice stem that utilizes an internal wedge to clamp onto the steerer.

The bottom is flat, and as it's a top loader, it gives decent rise, at least visually it looks like your bars are sitting a little high. I actually like everything about it, aside from the fact that you so.etimes have to retighten it and that requires you to reloosen everything and start at ground-zero.

Looks-wise, it's actually very unique. I literally only bought one because of looks, and the fact that it's impossible to hurt your knees in it. Either way, worth a look

Thank you so much, I will be hopefully ordering one tonight.

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019055
Mobile Version of Website