Tubeless tire issues

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Tubeless tire issues
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 20:58 Quote
I recently bought a pair of Kenda Nevegal Pros (John tomac edition) to use on my bike. They are the DTC compound and therefore I don't believe are tubeless ready. My rims are tubeless ready, but the tires are slowly losing pressure and will be flat overnight. Is there anything I can do to fix this or will it fix itself with time? Just set them up a few days ago

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 22:00 Quote
Will022505 wrote:
I recently bought a pair of Kenda Nevegal Pros (John tomac edition) to use on my bike. They are the DTC compound and therefore I don't believe are tubeless ready. My rims are tubeless ready, but the tires are slowly losing pressure and will be flat overnight. Is there anything I can do to fix this or will it fix itself with time? Just set them up a few days ago

theres your problem

Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 22:03 Quote
Fix: get tubes like a real man

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 22:01 Quote
Get some tubes and put sealant in the tubes. Works like a charm

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 1:53 Quote
Will022505 wrote:

Depends where the air is leaking from. If It's around the tyre bead then you need a bit more tape. If It's through the side wall then a load more sealant should help. I think you just have to keep moving the wheel around to try and coat the inside of the tyre, eventually it should stay up.

It could be leaking around the valve, same as above should fix it.

I had to retape both wheels twice when i first set up tubeless. It's a pain in the arse but once it's right it'll be right for good.

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
headgr0m wrote:

What kind of sealant?

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
finish line race sealant works best

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 20:13 Quote
kootenayjoe wrote:
headgr0m wrote:

What kind of sealant?

I’ve had good luck with Stan’s, but realistically any sealent will work

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011341
Mobile Version of Website