Intense recluse enduro race build

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Intense recluse enduro race build
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 2:53 Quote
Hey guys

I am looking to build up a recluse frame with my enduro bike components
I was gonna use a 216x63 shock with offset bushings, bumping up the travel to 155 and a 170 fork in the front
WIth the angleset I can adjust the head and seat angle in the end, only thing is that the BB will be higher how much I cant figure out.

For the rest I would use dtswiss enduro wheels, sram x1, need to change BB to PF with my raceface aeffect cranks, lyrik 170, fox x2 with low tune.

Frame size will be XL I am 6 1 tall so reach of 480 ish will fit well, I am sizing up as I am in the middle.

Opinions??

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 12:42 Quote
You can't put a bigger shock on it. There is no more travel to be had it bumps into it's rubber stopper.
I guess you could cut the stopper down or something but I wouldn't.

I have already built what you want to do for the most part.
Offset bushings, -1.5 angleset, 2.6 tires about to put a DB I'll coil on it.

Posted: Dec 21, 2018 at 21:41 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
Hey guys

I was gonna use a 216x63 shock with offset bushings, bumping up the travel to 155 and a 170 fork in the front
WIth the angleset I can adjust the head and seat angle in the end, only thing is that the BB will be higher how much I cant figure out.

For the rest I would use dtswiss enduro wheels, sram x1, need to change BB to PF with my raceface aeffect cranks, lyrik 170, fox x2 with low tune.

Frame size will be XL I am 6 1 tall so reach of 480 ish will fit well, I am sizing up as I am in the middle.

Opinions??

Recluse uses a 200x57 shock. Not a geometry expert here but I don't think it's a great idea to long shock it to 216x63.

With everything you have, why not get the Intense Tracer? That uses a 216x63 and seems to be everything you want (enduro) without having to adjust the angleset or offset bushings

Posted: Dec 22, 2018 at 13:19 Quote
sdken wrote:
rickyvic wrote:
Hey guys

Opinions??

Recluse uses a 200x57 shock. Not a geometry expert here but I don't think it's a great idea to long shock it to 216x63.

With everything you have, why not get the Intense Tracer? That uses a 216x63 and seems to be everything you want (enduro) without having to adjust the angleset or offset bushings

2x Offset Bushings will reduce the length to 210mm on that, so if that's 10mm longer than stock the new shock is going to ruin your geometry.

I'd expect a BB that's around 25mm higher than stock, which will be horrible unless your favourite pass time is actively riding over roots and rocks.

Jeron @ Offsetbushings.com

Posted: Dec 23, 2018 at 13:28 Quote
Like the other guy said just get a Tracer.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 4:09 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
Like the other guy said just get a Tracer.

yeah I guess it is not the right tool for the job but it would have been interesting to try it out.
what about a trunnion shock 205x60, will I be able to fit it?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015670
Mobile Version of Website