Bay Area loop trail for Kids?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Bay Area loop trail for Kids?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 22:58 Quote
My 6 year old is a great biker on flat trails. He wants to try mountain biking. I got him a nice bike for his birthday from spawn cycle and now I need a recommendation for where to take him and his hardtail. Something not too hard and mostly downhill so he doesn’t get too tired? Where should I take him?

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 20:43 Quote
good luck finding a trail that goes downhill both ways... maybe try jmp as there's a good trail system with progressive difficulty and it's fairly low commitment being such a small park... you can do loops until you get tired then go home. Start off with stuff like sequoia bayview then try out big trees and stuff.

Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 23:03 Quote
Thanks. Anything more in the South Bay?

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
Hey there. Check out John Nicholas Trail (Google it). Super mellow single track decent. You can shuttle from Black Mountain road to the top trail head if you want only downhill. Holds up in the winter too.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 22:52 Quote
Coyote Hills has miles of flat-to-rolling trails. It's all wide and easy. Alum Rock has some mellow trails.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 12:32 Quote
Arastradero Preserve in Palo Alto off of 280 is pretty good for young kids. I've been taking my 4 and 5 year olds there and they love it (one's on a mtb with gears the other on a single speed).

I also use one of these (https://towwhee.com/) to help get them up hills + make sure it remains fun for them.

Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 22:09 Quote
Search Rancho San Vicente/Calero on MTB project. Its on south side of San Jose. Great easy loop. Fun for kids and adults alike. No hard climbs. Only 700ft of climbing over 10 mile loops. My 9yo loves it.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
China camp has only one easy switch back climb, then a few ups but a long down section.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009071
Mobile Version of Website