Commencal META AM V4.2 That Bottom Bracket Bump Is Ridiculous

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal META AM V4.2 That Bottom Bracket Bump Is Ridiculous
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 11:32 Quote
How's it goin' Meta owners?
I am doing a build of a 2017 AM 4.2, and I'm struggling with the bottom bracket shell.
I bought a Wheels Mfg BB86/92 bottom bracket, but it won't fit because there's a bump in the middle of the bottom bracket shell, instead of it being totally straight. This is not a BB standard problem. I know exactly the kind of BB what will fit, but the shaft that connects the cups clashes with this weird bump in the middle of the shell.

Two points:
1) this is a completely insane design decision
2) ¿which brands/models of pf bb's will fit this bb shell? (24mm shimano cranks)

I measured the free space and the shaft connecting the bb cups should have an outside diameter of 31mm. The wheels mfg bb assembly has an outside diameter of 33mm and therefore will not fit. Do you know of any brands that have a shaft diameter of max. 31mm?
You can see the problem in the pictures.

¿any thoughts?
Thanks!!

photo

photo

photo

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 20:57 Quote
Hey. Did you find any solutions to this problem? I've got a SRAM Dub bottom bracket fitted in mine without the sleeve, but it seems to be causing issues for me..

FL
Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 0:07 Quote
I have a Rotor PF24 BB in my supreme, no trouble

FL
Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 15:41 Quote
I had a new XT BB fitted on my Meta AM 2012 recently. The mechanic told me they'd had to cut the BB sleeve to get it to fit because of the bump.

FL
Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
it was similar on the old V3 Meta's. I bought a Chris King bottom bracket and just machined off the excess on the inner cup.

This obviously didn't penetrate deep enough to effect the actual baring housing, so it worked as normal.

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
Malky79 wrote:
I had a new XT BB fitted on my Meta AM 2012 recently. The mechanic told me they'd had to cut the BB shell to get it to fit because of the bump.

This is what I do. Easy to cut the sleeve off with the Shimano BBs because they're plastic. Doesn't affect anything because the BB shell is already sealed.

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 0:17 Quote
squintyfox wrote:
Hey. Did you find any solutions to this problem? I've got a SRAM Dub bottom bracket fitted in mine without the sleeve, but it seems to be causing issues for me..

I have the same bb - just wondering what problems you have had so I know what to possibly expect?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011812
Mobile Version of Website