Wheel Mill in Pittsburgh: Mountain Bike or BMX?

PB Forum :: USA - East
Wheel Mill in Pittsburgh: Mountain Bike or BMX?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 12:34 Quote
I'll be near Pittsburgh for the holidays and plan to hit up the Wheel Mill. For anyone has been there before: Does it seem like it would be more fun on a mountain bike or a BMX?

I'm a much better mountain biker than BMXer, but just got the BMX so I'm kind of excited about it. If I were to ride BMX, I'd probably bring my own bike. If I was going to ride a mountain bike, I might just rent one as 1. I'd need to put on my hitch rack for a long drive in winter conditions and 2. I'm not sure my Bronson would be ideal anyway.

Thanks!

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 14:41 Quote
I went yesterday, so to answer my own question: I would go BMX. I rented a DJ bike and it was a lot of fun, but most people seemed to be on BMXs and the majority of the best features/rooms seemed to be built with them in mind.

There were a couple of places where the larger bike was nice and they had little features/b lines built of logs and the like to approximate more of a mountain bike feel, but they weren't really my favorite parts of the Wheel Mill, so I'd double down on what they're good at and go BMX (esp. if you don't have a dirt jump bike).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008018
Mobile Version of Website