2018 Scalpel SE 1 or 2018 Trigger 2?

PB Forum :: Cannondale
2018 Scalpel SE 1 or 2018 Trigger 2?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 24, 2018 at 14:36 Quote
Ive been contemplating about what to get between these 2 bicycles, 2018 Scalpel SE1 or 2018 Trigger 2, used ones. I just want to have an awesome comfortable bicycle to have fun with, ride trails occasionally. I love love the looks of the lefty by the way, been dreaming to own a mountain bike with one, but the 145/150 travel of the Trigger, having the longer travel compare to 115/120 of SE I’m imagining that it’s easier, more forgiving for the body. I am a middle age guy with bodyaches here and there, that is why I am also considering the Trigger as it might be more comfortable ride but then again I just love the unique look of the Scalpel! They are both at $2,500.00 BTW, pre owned ones, but scalpel having less scratch and dings, almost brand new looking. Any thoughts? P.S. I plan to keep it for years to come.

Posted: Dec 24, 2018 at 20:56 Quote
Depends on where you want to ride. The Scalpel is still an XC bike, so if you don't ride anything super tech, it's fast and fun as hell. If you want something a bit more capable in technical terrain, the Trigger is a killer bike.

Posted: Dec 25, 2018 at 7:15 Quote
seanondemand wrote:
Depends on where you want to ride. The Scalpel is still an XC bike, so if you don't ride anything super tech, it's fast and fun as hell. If you want something a bit more capable in technical terrain, the Trigger is a killer bike.

No super technical trail for me, I dont have that skill level but the upright rider position on a trailbike plus having a longer travel might be more comfortable than having a low flat back on a shorter travel xc bike... Planning to ride Maah Daah Hey trail this summer, which I believe is more like a xc single track, gravel trail. I guess the best way to know which is best is to test ride them but I dont have that option as I am getting one online. Local bike store would be a good idea but the closes one from me is 100 miles away and they dont have the ones I want. Thank you for your comment by the way!

Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 18:11 Quote
The Scalpel SE has that 120 mm front end bringing the bike up, so it definitely doesn't sit like an aggro XC bike. I say go Scalpel.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 17:51 Quote
seanondemand wrote:
The Scalpel SE has that 120 mm front end bringing the bike up, so it definitely doesn't sit like an aggro XC bike. I say go Scalpel.

I have one. It rides like an xc bike. The slack seat angle sucks for steep climbing so you have to ride it like an xc bike. I don’t recommend it as a general trail bike tbh.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015201
Mobile Version of Website