A beginner looking for advice on parts

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
A beginner looking for advice on parts
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 24, 2018 at 16:46 Quote
I just got a used Santa Cruz vp free 1. I would like to change things up a bit. The derailleur and cassette look fairly worn. J was thinking about replacing them but I have no clue whats the best bang for your buck type deal. Any advice would be great. Just lolkjng for a rock solid, simple and decent priced set up.

Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 5:56 Quote
GoatLaflare wrote:
I just got a used Santa Cruz vp free 1. I would like to change things up a bit. The derailleur and cassette look fairly worn. J was thinking about replacing them but I have no clue whats the best bang for your buck type deal. Any advice would be great. Just lolkjng for a rock solid, simple and decent priced set up.

Not much sense in upgrading 2004 bike, any upgrade will be probably the same price as bike is worth :-) Better to sell the bike and together with upgrade money buy some decent used bike with more modern geometry and parts. If you insist on upgrading, some basic Deore derail./casette are probably best bang for buck. And this upgrade will still not change how the bike rides :-)

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 0:41 Quote
Get a short cage Zee derailleur and shift 10sp. There’s a Freeride and Downhill version that effect the cassette max. The freeride 11-36 and not sure off how the downhill range. 10sp cassettes are very cheap and Zee drive train is also cheap and perform very well.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009549
Mobile Version of Website