Searching for decent 24" wheelset/rims

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Searching for decent 24" wheelset/rims
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 25, 2018 at 22:42 Quote
What's up all. I'm restoring this beater 90's Kuwahara I got for cheap, basically just as a cruiser/dirt jump/pump track run around bike. It's got decent chromoly parts, but the wheels feel like they might shatter if I actually jump it.

I'm looking for either some feedback/advice on wheelsets to avoid or seek out; or a seller; or to be pointed to any decent online retailers (in Canada). Am talking with my LBS as I go, too.

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 7:55 Quote
Have you tried tightening and truing the ones you've got, that feeling might actually go away

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 8:23 Quote
red-goose wrote:
What's up all. I'm restoring this beater 90's Kuwahara I got for cheap, basically just as a cruiser/dirt jump/pump track run around bike. It's got decent chromoly parts, but the wheels feel like they might shatter if I actually jump it.

I'm looking for either some feedback/advice on wheelsets to avoid or seek out; or a seller; or to be pointed to any decent online retailers (in Canada). Am talking with my LBS as I go, too.

I have a set of sunnenvy with derringer hubs and they're nice and the price was about $280 shipped. https://tntbicycles.com/product/tnt-wheel-set-24-x-1-34/

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 18:31 Quote
I picked up Sun Rhyno Lites with BlackOps hubs and stainless spokes for under $200 a couple of years ago. I think I got them through BMX Guru on eBay. They've been good wheels and I have had no issues. I have them in both of my '96 Prolines ( 20" & 24" )

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009377
Mobile Version of Website