Demo8 rear axle play - how to fix

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Demo8 rear axle play - how to fix
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 4:33 Quote
Hi can someone point me to instructions on how to tighten the rear wheel bearings on my 2016 Demo8 carbon rear axle bearings please! I can't find anything. Or tell me how to do it......in baby language! Thanks

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 22:29 Quote
It's probably the locking nuts on the hubs, on the hubs at each end there are two slim nuts next to each other, you will need two cone spanners ( flat/thin spanners ), one of them to tighten the inner nut to load the bearings ( only slightly pinched up, not cranked up ) , then tighten the 2nd outer one up to the 1st nut to lock it into place.

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 2:10 Quote
bigburd wrote:
It's probably the locking nuts on the hubs, on the hubs at each end there are two slim nuts next to each other, you will need two cone spanners ( flat/thin spanners ), one of them to tighten the inner nut to load the bearings ( only slightly pinched up, not cranked up ) , then tighten the 2nd outer one up to the 1st nut to lock it into place.

Sorry I didn't see this when you posted it over three years ago! Thank you

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 22:53 Quote
haha no problem.

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 14:38 Quote
nosecondseason wrote:
bigburd wrote:

Sorry I didn't see this when you posted it over three years ago! Thank you

So, how is the bike after 3 years? Were you able to resolve the issue?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009771
Mobile Version of Website