Spring rate chart

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Spring rate chart
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 6:57 Quote
trying to find out what spring per rider weight? fox dhx2. per example:300 pound spring equals what rider weight?
:400--?
450--?
so forth and so on. thanks!

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 17:09 Quote
snoborder wrote:
trying to find out what spring per rider weight? fox dhx2. per example:300 pound spring equals what rider weight?
:400--?
450--?
so forth and so on. thanks!

It isn’t universal and is highly dependent on the bike and shock being used due to the various leverage curves / stroke lengths, etc Many bike manufacturers post them on their website. Info needed to help you would be the bike frame manufacturer/model/year, shock eye to eye length, and stroke length.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
Shartriloquist wrote:
snoborder wrote:
trying to find out what spring per rider weight? fox dhx2. per example:300 pound spring equals what rider weight?
:400--?
450--?
so forth and so on. thanks!

It isn’t universal and is highly dependent on the bike and shock being used due to the various leverage curves / stroke lengths, etc Many bike manufacturers post them on their website. Info needed to help you would be the bike frame manufacturer/model/year, shock eye to eye length, and stroke length.
thanxs! so to find what I need in a fox spring,i would need to contact specialized? as I am installing a fox dhx2 in a demo 8 carbon which should be 9.5x3.
rider weight -----185-190 pounds.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 9:43 Quote
snoborder wrote:
Shartriloquist wrote:
snoborder wrote:
trying to find out what spring per rider weight? fox dhx2. per example:300 pound spring equals what rider weight?
:400--?
450--?
so forth and so on. thanks!

It isn’t universal and is highly dependent on the bike and shock being used due to the various leverage curves / stroke lengths, etc Many bike manufacturers post them on their website. Info needed to help you would be the bike frame manufacturer/model/year, shock eye to eye length, and stroke length.
thanxs! so to find what I need in a fox spring,i would need to contact specialized? as I am installing a fox dhx2 in a demo 8 carbon which should be 9.5x3.
rider weight -----185-190 pounds.

Specialized’s ability to help may be dependent on whether for your frame model the DHX2 was ever specc’d as an OEM component. I mentioned above that model year of your frame / frame version (if there are multiple) could be useful information for anyone trying to help you, but it seems that was omitted in your reply. One could do some searching for those shock specs and try to match it up Demo 8 frames (I don’t know whether the shock length has changed since circa 2013), but I feel it’s the information requestor’s responsibility to take the time to provide basic information if they want people to take the time to help...

In any case, I’d call Fox as those spring charts aren’t always as helpful as they seem. There are instances in which the chart will provide you a spring corresponding to the the stroke and eye-to eye length of your shock for the desired poundage that won’t actually fit the shock for your specific bike model/year— I ran into this issue with my V10 recently. Just call Fox and be prepared with the following info: the code on your DHX2 shock, the YEAR / make / model of your bike, and the weight range you are interested in. It is important (whether they ask or not) to provide the code on the shock and your bike info to make sure you have a shock that is indeed compatible with your bike to ensure your frame, shock, and coil spring are all compatible. If it were me, I’d request the part numbers for springs above and below what I thought I needed as well in the event you want to make future adjustments.

Once you have this info, it might be nice to post it all (bike info, shock code, spring part #’s with weight ranges) back on this thread for anyone performing searches in the future to use as reference.

Good luck.

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018594
Mobile Version of Website