Stumpjumper 29 LT or Kona Process 153 CR/DL 29

PB Forum :: 29ers
Stumpjumper 29 LT or Kona Process 153 CR/DL 29
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 21:54 Quote
What do you guys think, should I build a Stumpjumper 29 LT or get process 153 CR/DL 29. I rode the Process 153 29er late summer and had a blast on it. It felt so planted and fun to ride. Only problem I never climbed it. I do enjoy climbing for a killer decent. Anyone who has one how well does it climb for a long accent?

I have ridden the SJ as well and thought it climbed great and descended better. Didn't feel as planted as the Kona on denceding but still rode great! I would think it would climb better than Kona since it's not as big as a bike, but I hear Kona climbs very well. I am torn with what to do. Any advice would be killer!

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 16:17 Quote
I’m going for stumpjumper Evo 29,might be worth a look also

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 4:56 Quote
Just bought a Process 153. I also have a Stumpjumper that I love but it is the ST version, so that's not much help to you.

Posted: Feb 24, 2019 at 6:18 Quote
Decieded to build a S Work SJ frame from ground up. I loved the way the process rode but realized process 153 more bike then I need. Need a little better climber. I have read nothing but good things about Evo.

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
The EVO looks like a great bike. Haven't had a chance to ride one yet. I was really, really impressed with the Process 153. That bike is ridiculously agile and playful, more so than a lot of shorter travel bikes.

I thought it climbed really well too. What didn't you like about it's climbing? Or just overall that it's a bigger, stouter bike than the EVO?

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 14:56 Quote
Is the stumpy LT just the regular stumpy or the stumpy evo?

I have a regular stumpy w/ a coil shock and a 160mm lyrik and it's killer. Easily the best feeling MTB i've ever owned / ridden extensively. I feel like it's a slightly more useable bike than the stumpy evo too

Posted: Mar 19, 2019 at 20:23 Quote
xzyragon wrote:

I have a regular stumpy w/ a coil shock and a 160mm lyrik and it's killer. Easily the best feeling MTB i've ever owned / ridden extensively. I feel like it's a slightly more useable bike than the stumpy evo too

What coil are you running? How well does it climb with the coil? Sounds like a badass rig you have. Have a photo of it?

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 14:00 Quote
alpine4 wrote:
xzyragon wrote:

What coil are you running? How well does it climb with the coil? Sounds like a badass rig you have. Have a photo of it?

Ohlins coil. the climbing switch definitely helps a little bit. Climbs slightly worse than with the air shock, but descents are oooooh so good.

Album of the bike here

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 19:47 Quote
Any pedal strikes? I've read of some of these new SJ both the LT and ST suffering from pedal strikes so I'm curious. Good looking bike!

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
I've ridden both and they're both really great bikes. They're the best climbing bikes that I've ridden in that category. If you're just buying the frame, I'm pretty sure they're both about the same price so I'm assuming that isn't a part of the equation for your decision. I'd go with the process since it has better downhill capabilities and climbs just as well as the SJ, but you can't go wrong either way.

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 15:22 Quote
Im sure the stumpy is a great bike but the kona is still my favourite, I might be slightly biased though... Kona climbs really well, and rips u the descents, really fast but because head angle is a touch steer than other bikes in the category (66*?) it is still super agile and loves to pop off of everything. Doesn't feel dead or sluggish at all!nHaving said that I haven't yet ridden the new stumpy so enjoy!

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
1slugger wrote:
Any pedal strikes? I've read of some of these new SJ both the LT and ST suffering from pedal strikes so I'm curious. Good looking bike!

i mean no more than any of my other bikes. Been noticing the need to time pedal strokes differently with the stumpy in low (flip chip low geo), but that could just be coincidental for me trying to clean more techy climbs recently too.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
That's one thing that impressed me about the Kona, the BB height is a touch higher than the average long, low slack Enduro bike and I think that contributed to how well it peddled through tech and chunk. But despite the taller bb, it never felt tipy and it slayed corners.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019226
Mobile Version of Website