any body know any good dirt jump places in cumbria??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
any body know any good dirt jump places in cumbria??
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
jakk-b17 wrote:
jamie, trying to get lots of scratch support again. lol
okay, there is some class dirt jumps around the back of the rugby pitches in keswick, ive been and theyre class, like 6ft ers and thres a few of em. ill be putting some pics up soon hopefully.
jack, this was in august or something. uplifts will be running later this year....you should come....some entertainment would be great.

There is some pics of the keswick ones on PB-
photo

ive never been there personally, but apparently there not that good...but better than alot of the stuff in cumbria.

Scratchmere Scar is the place just north of penrith (1mile from plumpton), and is holding a race as part of the northern series (carlton bank, hamsterly, scratchmere scar)

have any of you done the new whinlatter loop (south is it?), i havnt got out there yet (exams) but have heard some mixed reviews of it, some saying its awesome, then the more hardcore crowd say it sucks balls.

And p.s. your all welcome at my house to build some jumps.....im not talking pussy ones tho! big big big!

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 12:41 Quote
Il come help jamie Smile yeah ive heard about the keswick ones too.

Winlatter south loop is fun singletrack up, and the decent is both flowy but techy in parts, there are a few jumps on the way down, quite a few step ups, and drops and such Smile all in all good fun.

I also have plans for my backyard which i wil continue with after my January exams.

What does everyone think about maybe making a petition for the council to help us build them, maybe supply us with diggers and land??

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 12:51 Quote
Im still undecided about the south loop, its closed again now cos all the cold weather is screwing up the bedding in process. The downhills are a bit too pedally but at least the table tops are a bit bigger than on the north loop descent. If only the would be a fun park like a glentress, whinlatter would be alot better. It is fun but i still prefer the north side descents. Nailed the final descent in under 2 minutes the other day, the corners are really hooking up with grip.

Also, I heard on the grapevine that there are some jumps in the woods near bowscar, anyone know anything about them???

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 11:53 Quote
you live in plumpton don't you.... scratch is up the road... go up and help clive build some...

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 12:01 Quote
Go ride the nuclear cooling towers or whatever they are.. Then you'll be like a mutant dirt jumper and be able to do all sorts of weird variants of tricks.. cool or what Wink

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 12:47 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
Go ride the nuclear cooling towers or whatever they are.. Then you'll be like a mutant dirt jumper and be able to do all sorts of weird variants of tricks.. cool or what Wink

UBER

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
Ejg94 wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:

UBER
FAIL

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 16:56 Quote
And am i from britain.. no! so there's no reason for me to know they were demolished.. about time too, been pumping waste into our sea for too long

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 at 17:01 Quote
Jesus, I'm not allowed post in a thread anymore now?
Ok, not pumping waste....

http://www.american.edu/ted/SELLA.HTM

For people too lazy to click the link.

Nuclear waste from this facility had turned the Irish sea into one of the most radioactive bodies of water in the world. This pollution threatens the health of the British people as well as inhabitants of Ireland across the Irish Sea. This is a controversial issue because of the environmental degradation of the Irish Sea.

So get your facts right lad

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 9:59 Quote
f*ck off. your isish. thus no real say in the matter of dirt jumps in Cumbria, United Kingdom

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
jammyboy366 wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
Jesus, I'm not allowed post in a thread anymore now?
Ok, not pumping waste....

http://www.american.edu/ted/SELLA.HTM

For people too lazy to click the link.

Nuclear waste from this facility had turned the Irish sea into one of the most radioactive bodies of water in the world. This pollution threatens the health of the British people as well as inhabitants of Ireland across the Irish Sea. This is a controversial issue because of the environmental degradation of the Irish Sea.

So get your facts right lad
Radioactivity contributes to less than 1% of radiation in the world.

You should be more scared of radioactivity effecting you if you live in an area of high radon concentration, or at high altitude as there is not as much protection from cosmic rays, and it even comes from food.

Get YOUR facts right 'lad'.

My facts are solid, all i said was that sellafield was dumping in the irish sea, I didn't mention what effects the radiation had or anything.. This is just your way of covering because you were wrong.. Oh and don't get started about ''Radioactivity contributing to 1% of radiation in the world.. You basically just said in other terms 'Cars contribute to less than 1% of cars in the world.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015642
Mobile Version of Website