Yeti paint issues

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti paint issues
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
I have a 2016 Yeti SB6c and had it since new in January 2017. The paint on this just seems to fall off If you look at it wrong and the last straw for me is a quarter size chip right on the top tube (I truly have no idea how this occurred as I don’t recall a crash that would have caused this). I’ve owned mountain bikes for over 20 years (including two other Yetis) and this is by far the worst chipping I have ever seen. I have about 60 chips on this bike now that I am really looking into it. I spoke to Yeti and the dealer I bought from and feel like I am getting the run around from everyone on this which is disappointing since I have generally been happy with service from both in the past. The warranty documents do not exclude paint but both are saying paint isn’t covered and won’t provide any details when I send them the warranty document I have. Any thoughts or experiences? I understand some sort of invisible liner is available (for future bikes) but honestly never thought something like this could happen as it never has before so I didn’t even know people used the liner when I bought this bike. Thank you. Dale

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
i have the same problem with a 2016 SB6. Mine has an invisiframe kit on it but the paint has started coming off the fram so the film is lifting with it. I have some other parts of the frame where the paint has fallen off. The carbon underneath doesn't look like its been prepared properly

Posted: Apr 26, 2020 at 10:42 Quote
Same issue. Bought touch up paint on Yeti's website.

Posted: Jun 18, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
Samesies
I covered my frame in 3M protective tape when I bought the bike. I wanted to redo it and make the bike look new again but when I peeled the old tape off it pulled a bunch of the paint off with it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008509
Mobile Version of Website