2019 Chinese carbon enduro frame

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2019 Chinese carbon enduro frame
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
Hello again Pinkbike community! It's only been an 8 year hiatus for me since I last used this site! (Lol at my username :lolSmile

Looking to get back into biking, and am wanting to build an enduro.

I came across this particular frame the other day, and seeing as its a 2019 release, there's nothing online about it yet. Seems like people who have bought other Chinese carbon frames mostly have had positive experiences with them. This particular frame seems to check all the boxes for a modern enduro frame; boost spacing, 160mm travel, modern geometry (Except for a possible 15" BB height? WTF?).

Just thought I'd share this with you all, and see what you all think about it!
https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-2019-vpp3-boost-full-suspension-all-mountain-enduro-bike-frame_p116.html

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 18:50 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:
Hello again Pinkbike community! It's only been an 8 year hiatus for me since I last used this site! (Lol at my username :lolSmile

I came across this particular frame the other day, and seeing as its a 2019 release, there's nothing online about it yet. Seems like people who have bought other Chinese carbon frames mostly have had positive experiences with them. This particular frame seems to check all the boxes for a modern enduro frame; boost spacing, 160mm travel, modern geometry (Except for a possible 15" BB height? WTF?).

https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-2019-vpp3-boost-full-suspension-all-mountain-enduro-bike-frame_p116.html

I'd rather go alloy from a known brand. Most chinese carbon frames are based off decent bikes but just don't have the right amount of carbon reinforcing in the right spots. If it broke there's no way of a refund

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 1:59 Quote
^ this not to mention it could fail while riding, and you could get seriously injured/ impaled.

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
I sent them a message. They QC the frames. I think I remember seeing that frame on youtube. Might of been at a trade show.

FL
Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 22:03 Quote
A customer at my old shop put it best. Never buy something from a company you can't sue.

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 23:53 Quote
Come on. Geometry is for trail at best, and the problem about the Chinese making frames is that almost no one knows how to properly ride a mountain bike.

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
Without being able to read the numbers on the leverage ratio graph, it is hard to draw any specific conclusions but its overall shape is very strange. Regressive through 2/3 of the travel and then hyper progressive. Santa Cruz used to have that peak occur at the sag point with the argument that it made the bike most sensitive to small bumps at the sag point. I don't know why you would want the peak at 2/3 travel. But if the y axis on that graph is hardly changing, than the overall shape of the graph doesn't matter.

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 12:55 Quote
If you're still set on this a quick fill in the 15 measurement on the BB is for BB drop. The BB is 15mm lower than the axle.

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 23:40 Quote
So, was anyone able to get the suspension-related charts for this frame in a readable resolution?
LT bikes (they sell this frame on Alibaba) don't seem to have them, Lightcarbon (the frame is not on their site anymore, though - only in Google cache) and Dabomb didn't even deign to answer

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 23:43 Quote
just get something decent from canyon / commencal / any consumer direct based on your location instead

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 23:58 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
just get something decent from canyon / commencal / any consumer direct based on your location instead

brand frames are more expensive unless bought secondhand and/or as a complete bike
this one's $600 in China without the shock

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 6:11 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:

Chinese low cost Carbon QC is well known for testing in real MTB situations Big Grin
Buy it if you want to ride in city centre to look cool :-), otherwise you can get decent known frame for few hundreds $ more, which is way cheaper than broken bones and other "failures" which can happen. And they will happen not while riding smooth trail but when you will go hard...
Also, if you buy complete bike, you will get much more for your money than go from scratch.

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
bennorth wrote:
mtnbikermaniac wrote:

I'd rather go alloy from a known brand. Most chinese carbon frames are based off decent bikes but just don't have the right amount of carbon reinforcing in the right spots. If it broke there's no way of a refund

They are a good company with original designs.
I have a csfs958 on the way right now. Could have bought any frame I want but chose them because it checks all the boxes for me.

They have r&d they have engineers that worked for big name companies. They have several frames on the uci list.

The notion that the Chinese can't make high quality original designs is kind of racist.

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 1:45 Quote
bruto0 wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:

brand frames are more expensive unless bought secondhand and/or as a complete bike

yes but I dont think you can go much under 2k euros of a spectral/neuron from canyon for example. Not even considering all the bazillion things that can go wrong with full sus bikes and zero guarantee of any R&D done on the kinematics of the ebay frame.

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 4:23 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
bruto0 wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:

yes but I dont think you can go much under 2k euros of a spectral/neuron from canyon for example. Not even considering all the bazillion things that can go wrong with full sus bikes and zero guarantee of any R&D done on the kinematics of the ebay frame.

They do sponsor racing teams, and those tend to give feedback.
So I'm pretty sure there're other things on the requirements list a frame is designed to meet than price, looks and latest standards

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021420
Mobile Version of Website