Upgrade from fox 34 to 36?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Upgrade from fox 34 to 36?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 5:45 Quote
I have a 2015 bronson C with fox 34 factory fit 150mm forks. I find them to be very firm over the choppy stuff no matter how much I play about with the settings. They have been serviced. Even expert reviews say they are a very firm shock

I’ve ridden a mates Capra with rockshox lyriks over the same track and they feel much better at absorbing bumps resulting in less arm pain (I’m a pussy). Apparently the 36s are similar to the lyriks in suppleness so wondering if anyone has done the same upgrade?

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 14:57 Quote
I have a 36 grip2 and that shit rocks.
The only mistake I made was buying new.
I should've bought used in good condition and upgraded with the new grip2 dumper

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 20:30 Quote
The 34 ctd damper is a true pile of shit.
Blows through the travel in D
Rides like a choppy piece of shit in T
Who the f*ck locks the fork out? I mean seriously you want your forks to hike up and stay up on climbs... Really? No Nobody wants that ever! And when i explain that to people who lock their fork their minds explode.... Then they proceed to make it up steeps they have never made it up.

The 36ctd is a better than the 34ctd

A 36 rc2 is a huge step up
I have a grip 2 as well. Its plusher than an rc2, it has a feel of having less friction, but im not sure i actually like the dampening any more.

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 20:55 Quote
englertracing wrote:
Who the f*ck locks the fork out? I mean seriously you want your forks to hike up and stay up on climbs... Really? No Nobody wants that ever! And when i explain that to people who lock their fork their minds explode.... Then they proceed to make it up steeps they have never made it up.

I have a grip 2 as well. Its plusher than an rc2, it has a feel of having less friction, but im not sure i actually like the dampening any more.

Speak for yourself, although I love my 36 I liked to be able to punch up the climbs

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 23:16 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
englertracing wrote:

Speak for yourself, although I love my 36 I liked to be able to punch up the climbs

Please do explain to me in what way increacing the dynamic ride height and of the fork and thus the rake improves your climbing performance.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 21:50 Quote
englertracing wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
englertracing wrote:

Please do explain to me in what way increacing the dynamic ride height and of the fork and thus the rake improves your climbing performance.

I like standing up and crunching the climbs, I don't like wasting energy on pushing my fork down

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 1:24 Quote
Jgavin1 wrote:
I have a 2015 bronson C with fox 34 factory fit 150mm forks. I find them to be very firm over the choppy stuff no matter how much I play about with the settings. They have been serviced. Even expert reviews say they are a very firm shock

I’ve ridden a mates Capra with rockshox lyriks over the same track and they feel much better at absorbing bumps resulting in less arm pain (I’m a pussy). Apparently the 36s are similar to the lyriks in suppleness so wondering if anyone has done the same upgrade?

Why not just go for the Lyrik? Assuming the bike is 27.5 you can have the RC2 for £649 on CRC now (in black). The RC2 will be even better than the Lyrik on your mates Capra as it has the upgraded Debonair spring.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 3:25 Quote
Jgavin1 wrote:

On recommendation, for my Rhythm 34 I put in two volume spacers and dropped the pressure to 30% sag to gain the compliance I was looking for.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
Just an update I’ve managed to source a set of lyrik rct3 forks, 2017 fork which has been barely used. Hopefully makes a big difference!

I’ve also been looking at a monarch plus for the rear. I have a factory ctd boost valve shock at the moment but heard the monarch is better for the rough stuff

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 14:36 Quote
Jgavin1 wrote:
Just an update I’ve managed to source a set of lyrik rct3 forks, 2017 fork which has been barely used. Hopefully makes a big difference!

I’ve also been looking at a monarch plus for the rear. I have a factory ctd boost valve shock at the moment but heard the monarch is better for the rough stuff

Look for the Debonair or Vorsprung Luftkappe air spring upgrades for that Lyrik, will make a nice improvement in the balance of small bump/mid stroke support but not much money.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017420
Mobile Version of Website