YT'S new bike line is here. The Jeffsy has arrived

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT'S new bike line is here. The Jeffsy has arrived
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 21:42 Quote
After seeing YT's latest Instagram post I am very excited yet doubtful of their new bikes. Looks to me like they just added new colorways to the Capra and Tues. If you adjust the brightness on their photo it says "why so curious". It's hard to tell what the bikes look like but there might actually be a redesign of the jeffsy coming. But I also saw leaked images of the new alloy jeffsy and it looks identical. What's your guy's take on it?

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 22:18 Quote
I saw the leaked alloy pics too, and I think they’re legit. I think YT squeezes one more year outta that frame.

Glad to see they likely go back to SRAM drivetrain though.

FL
Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 23:09 Quote
The Capra and Tues had an overhaul just last year, there won't be any changes to the frames this year, but expect the 29er Tues will be launched. I think there will be a new Jeffsy though.

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
I took the Instagram picture and modified it to make the bikes more visible. Red and yellow it looks like. Pretty sharp. You can also see TRP brakes and looks like e.13 will remain components of choice.

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/16735649/

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 13:38 Quote
[Quote="Bflutz625"]I took the Instagram picture and modified it to make the bikes more visible. Red and yellow it looks like. Pretty sharp. You can also see TRP brakes and looks like e.13 will remain components of choice.

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/16735649/[/Quote
Oooooo sweet, I love TRP, it would be sick to see it on their bikes. Red and yellow is a sucky color scheme though. I was hoping for something blue. I have a feeling grey and black will stay as the color scheme for the pro race models.]

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 15:07 Quote
Personally I love red and yellow. Yes it does look like a McDonald's but it looks sweet especially the Devinci Wilson 29. I'm excited because there might be a new Jeffsy. They were on sale a while back. Trying to get rid of what little stock they have of them?

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
[Quote="Bflutz625"]Personally I love red and yellow. Yes it does look like a McDonald's but it looks sweet especially the Devinci Wilson 29. I'm excited because there might be a new Jeffsy. They were on sale a while back. Trying to get rid of what little stock they have of them?[/Quote

They need a longer reach, shorter seattube and better water bottle clearance. That's it. I see all of these people asking for a slacker jeffsy with more travel. 90% of the time they are just describing the Capra. Makes no sense. Anyways I would definitely try to get my hands on the new jeffsy, if there is one.

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 15:48 Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/BranRbFlQPx/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=4h39oezb4iis

Just found this pic of the Tues 29

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 18:12 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BranRbFlQPx/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=4h39oezb4iis

Just found this pic of the Tues 29

That looks badass

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 20:34 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
I saw the leaked alloy pics too, and I think they’re legit. I think YT squeezes one more year outta that frame.

I too think YT will use the current Jeffsy 27 frame for another year. It's one year newer than the 29 and already has a metric shock, ISCG tabs, and somewhat better geometry.

I'm thinking the Jeffsy 29 model will get the overhaul this year. It's time. And if not, maybe the new model will be a 120mm-130mm bike. It's the hot market right now.

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 21:11 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

I too think YT will use the current Jeffsy 27 frame for another year. It's one year newer than the 29 and already has a metric shock, ISCG tabs, and somewhat better geometry.

I'm thinking the Jeffsy 29 model will get the overhaul this year. It's time. And if not, maybe the new model will be a 120mm-130mm bike. It's the hot market right now.

They might think it goes against their “gravity DNA,” but I would be super stoked to see a YT take on the very aggressive short travel trail bike. Something along the lines of a Transition Scout.

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
Website is being updated...

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
[Quote="Gmoneyog1"]
Bflutz625 wrote:
Personally I love red and yellow. Yes it does look like a McDonald's but it looks sweet especially the Devinci Wilson 29. I'm excited because there might be a new Jeffsy. They were on sale a while back. Trying to get rid of what little stock they have of them?[/Quote

They need a longer reach, shorter seattube and better water bottle clearance. That's it. I see all of these people asking for a slacker jeffsy with more travel. 90% of the time they are just describing the Capra. Makes no sense. Anyways I would definitely try to get my hands on the new jeffsy, if there is one.

Agree. 140mm travel is plenty for a trail bike.

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
Bummer. The update only changed the website value a tiny bit. Same bikes.

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 15:14 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
Bummer. The update only changed the website value a tiny bit. Same bikes.

Yep noticed that. Maybe later this week. YT USA rep says “new bikes in the next few days...or weeks.”

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008939
Mobile Version of Website