YT'S new bike line is here. The Jeffsy has arrived

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT'S new bike line is here. The Jeffsy has arrived
Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 18:55 Quote
Last year, the 2018 announcement was around the 12th of January. The 2017 models were publicized on 18 January.

So we're getting close.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 1:05 Quote
Website is being updated again...

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 3:26 Quote
I would really like to see a 130mm trail bike from YT. A frame styled like the Capra, room for at least the Jeffsy water bottle, 66 HTA/76 STA with a high/low flip chip, 130mm travel rear/150mm front, lightweight, and room for at least 2.6 tires.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 3:48 Quote
2019 range is now out!

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 3:49 Quote
Some beautiful new Capra colours!

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 3:51 Quote
Aaand the capra's have been updated. And so have tues's. Jeffsy's stayed the same, which basically confirms remake

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 3:51 Quote
ondrejaugustin wrote:
Aaand the capra's have been updated. And so have tues's. Jeffsy's stayed the same, which basically confirms remake
The blue and white capra base model is so bloody sexy!

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 3:52 Quote
Well I'm disappointed. I was hoping that they continued to use e.13 cassettes but guess not. Instead we get the boat anchor of NX eagle.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 3:54 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
Well I'm disappointed. I was hoping that they continued to use e.13 cassettes but guess not. Instead we get the boat anchor of NX eagle.
The higher AL, Higher CF models still get the e13. But it sucks to have nx eagle on the lowest one i guess.

FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 4:17 Quote
The new Capra colourways are awesome. The new AL Comp must be the best bang for the buck bike on the market.

I still think a new Jeffsy is coming as they are all sold out on the website still.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 7:38 Quote
The new models are insane. Not sure about rockshox but I love the alloy comp model. Such good value for money

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:

Agree. Problem is the general public sees 11-50 and the word "Eagle" and thinks its a good product, that thing is stupid heavy to the point it probably has a noticeable negative impact on rear suspension performance versus the e13... it's almost twice as heavy!

Curious what they do with the Jeffsy. As others have said, shorter seat tube, maybe 1 deg slacker HTA with a shorter offset fork in combination, metric/ISCG on the 29er and longer reach on 29er... would be surprised if they update the 27 version after just two years but you never know.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Bflutz625 wrote:

Agree. Problem is the general public sees 11-50 and the word "Eagle" and thinks its a good product, that thing is stupid heavy to the point it probably has a noticeable negative impact on rear suspension performance versus the e13... it's almost twice as heavy!

Curious what they do with the Jeffsy. As others have said, shorter seat tube, maybe 1 deg slacker HTA with a shorter offset fork in combination, metric/ISCG on the 29er and longer reach on 29er... would be surprised if they update the 27 version after just two years but you never know.

If they update the jeffsy line with the new colors, make the jeffsy look like the Capra and keep the price lower than the captain than I'm sold

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
gramboh wrote:
Bflutz625 wrote:

If they update the jeffsy line with the new colors, make the jeffsy look like the Capra and keep the price lower than the captain than I'm sold

Agree. I love some of the new paint schemes, I need there to be a CF model with GX or X01 eagle option, and either fox 36 or Lyric/Pike for fork. I’m happy with the current geo, doesn’t hold me back any. I’d like to see the seat tube mast gone. If they do that, my ‘17 goes up for sale most likely.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
Yes...the 2019 colors are fantastic! I really like the two color options for some models. It's great they let you choose. I have to say the two tone blue is frickin awesome.

Interesting that there's only four Capra levels this year and some prices went up.

The component choices are very surprising also. The CF Pro has the Lyrik RC2 and Super Deluxe RC3. While the AL comp comes with a Fox 36 pe and Fox X2 shock. Which is a hell of a deal.

Some have Eagle parts, while keeping e*13 setups on others. SDG Tellis dropper just on the AL Base. The DT Swiss wheels are all 30mm now.

As mentioned above, I was hoping for a 120mm-130mm YT model too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.083589
Mobile Version of Website