Yeti SB150 with Rock Shox Lyrik RC2

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti SB150 with Rock Shox Lyrik RC2
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 0:42 Quote
Hi all,

I am planning to custom build a SB150 and I´d like to use as much of my current things on the Yeti as I am on a budget.

I wonder, if anyone tried to use the Lyrik RC2 29er with 51mm offset in its 170mm version. I know it will impact the riding performance but I don´t know in which way as I do not have a chance to demo a SB150 in this sepcial setup.

Has anyone experienced such a difference with a bigger offset than the 44mm used in the Fox 36?

I could also get a Lyrik RC2 29er with 160mm and 42mm offset for a friction of its price. Would it make sense to travel it up to 170mm and run it?

Cheers,
Marquess

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 14:43 Quote
Marquess wrote:
Hi all,

I am planning to custom build a SB150 and I´d like to use as much of my current things on the Yeti as I am on a budget.

I wonder, if anyone tried to use the Lyrik RC2 29er with 51mm offset in its 170mm version. I know it will impact the riding performance but I don´t know in which way as I do not have a chance to demo a SB150 in this sepcial setup.

Has anyone experienced such a difference with a bigger offset than the 44mm used in the Fox 36?

I could also get a Lyrik RC2 29er with 160mm and 42mm offset for a friction of its price. Would it make sense to travel it up to 170mm and run it?

Cheers,
Marquess

It is my impression that part of what makes the SB150's geometry work is the reduced offset fork. If you already have the Lyric, you could purchase 44mm offset (or comparable Sram equivalent) uppers. That would save some money. If you are buying new, I would go with reduced offset (44mm).

I've played around with offset on other bikes and have generally found that the manufacturer's spec is the superior option.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007758
Mobile Version of Website