Is 45 to late to ride and try some bmx racing

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Is 45 to late to ride and try some bmx racing
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
i ride mtb, have an indoor trainer but there is a local track with some weekday night practice and racing, thought it would be fun but i am no spring chicken. I have plenty of protective gear from motocross days, anyone else doing this.

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
I don't race, but I definitely ride at 45 and my bikes have grown a bit, but I still consider it BMX (see my pics section posting pics here sucks)

I'd say start working out now, strength, cardio and stretching to the max, the old bod just doesn't like explosive movements like it used to.. An hour of gate training or simple track stands will show you that..
Other than that, have fun, I do for fun races sometimes, some dual slalom downhill, some downhill stuff.. not really competitive but fun..

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
At 40ish and when my kids started racing, it looked like so much fun that I also decided to race. We raced for a few years before deciding to get into mtb, mainly because it got pretty spendy. $ to practice, $ to race, $ for membership x3...

Your experience in mtb will give you plenty of skill needed to hang in the novice class. Per USA BMX rules, you can even race any wheel size in that class, albeit with flat pedals only. 26" DJ bikes are extremely fun on BMX tracks but not as fast...

BMX is a family friendly sport. I have never had a bad experience with track operators or other rides. And everyone is extremely helpful.

I'd say go for it. And typically your first race is free w/o a USA BMX membership.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014009
Mobile Version of Website