Hello im 5′8.11″ tall what YT Tues CF Pro 2015 size fits me better S or M? Help

PB Forum :: Downhill
Hello im 5′8.11″ tall what YT Tues CF Pro 2015 size fits me better S or M? Help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 22:36 Quote
as topic says need some help

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 22:40 Quote
Wanna add that previously i`ve had Specialized Demo Carbon 2014 Medium and it felt a little bit to big

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
StayClassy wrote:
Wanna add that previously i`ve had Specialized Demo Carbon 2014 Medium and it felt a little bit to big

Most people size up on a Demo. You'd probably want a small Tues.

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
yzedf wrote:

Not anymore, they're now pretty "conservative" when it comes to bike geometries. They're not short either, just not as long as the "old" Demo used to be compared to other DH bikes

As to the question, I would say M without a doubt. It would feel better than a S in my opinion.

Compare both geometries, the Reach and Stack mainly, but keep in mine it's pretty easy to shorten a bike "length" with shorter stems, shorter bars (you probably won't benefit that much from a 800+mm handlebars), spacers bellow the stem, ...

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 at 13:58 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
yzedf wrote:

Not anymore, they're now pretty "conservative" when it comes to bike geometries. They're not short either, just not as long as the "old" Demo used to be compared to other DH bikes

As to the question, I would say M without a doubt. It would feel better than a S in my opinion.

Compare both geometries, the Reach and Stack mainly, but keep in mine it's pretty easy to shorten a bike "length" with shorter stems, shorter bars (you probably won't benefit that much from a 800+mm handlebars), spacers bellow the stem, ...

Medium Demo back then was 420 reach. Small YT was 410 and medium was 430. He said the medium Demo was a bit big so I recommended a small YT.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 0:27 Quote
Good point, I didn't check the geometries... I thought the previous Demo would have been shorter than that ...

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 6:19 Quote
I’m 5’7” and had a MD Tues Pro, if anything I would have gone to a large. I like longer reaches, but take that for what it’s worth.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 14:21 Quote
You want a medium at least I'm 5'7" and ride a medium tues, probably should have picked up a large.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 22:42 Quote
Same here - I'm 5'6" and I ride M. I should have picked a L.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022591
Mobile Version of Website