2019 Jeffsy CF Pro Race vs Ibis Ripmo for Norcal

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2019 Jeffsy CF Pro Race vs Ibis Ripmo for Norcal
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
Had been waiting on the new Jeffsy and put my money down on a large CF pro race right when they came out. I was planning to swap out the drivetrain with GX/X01 because I like eagle and I'm used to it. This will put me right at around 6500 with tax/shipping.
I started to have second thoughts that maybe I should get a medium GX build Ibis Ripmo with the upgraded fox 36 shock and carbon wheels. The only thing I would do right away is pull off the deore brakes and put on some XT brakes. I think this would leave me at around 6600

I do rides with a lot of climbing. I realize that the geo between this bikes is pretty similar. I am a moderate skilled descender and wanted to get a more aggressive trail bike while I work on becoming better. I am second guessing myself as I wonder whether the Ibis will climb significantly better with the DW link.

Any thoughts/input appreciated.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 14:48 Quote
I got the ripmo which I custom build myself.
I went with carbon wheels and the 36 grip2 and that brought the cost up inevitable but let me tell you this with all honesty , this bike goes up better than my trek fuel ex 9.8 (which is a trail bike) and going down the ripmo is definitively an enduro bike

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
Without unbiased reviews (first ride where YT flew the publication to Portugal doesn't count) it's hard to say. Ripmo is universally reviewed as an awesome climber, the new Jeffsy 29 has definitely improved geometry and suspension design which _should_ make it a much better climber than mk1 but until you ride one or a trusted review comes out it's hard to say... go with the Ripmo if you want to be 100% sure.

This is one of the downsides when YT releases a new bike, you have to commit immediately if you want one in the next 6 months.

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 at 15:12 Quote
yeah I hit the buy button on the YT immediately when it came out but then started having second thoughts. Seemed like the pink bike hive mind is kind of mixed on it. I cancelled the order and will be getting a Ripmo

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 18:36 Quote
Check out fanatik.com. I just ordered a ripmo and you can build it up just how you want. And the price is pretty great, especially since you're not committing yourself to buying and selling a bunch of components you take off or swap out.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009425
Mobile Version of Website