...does anyone make a 26 inch downhill frame these days?

PB Forum :: Downhill
...does anyone make a 26 inch downhill frame these days?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
It's 2019. The days of carbon frames, slack head angles, 200mm travel, 27.5 and 29 inch wheels. Everything is all well and good in the downhilp world...

for you tall f*ckers. At a height of 5'5 and an inseem shorter than your last love affair, I cannot, for the life of me, find myself comfortable on a single 27.5 or 29 inch frame.

So that leads me to my questions;

Does anyone construct a 26 inch wheel downhill frame? Preferably not carbon...

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 3:54 Quote
I know a lot of small girls who are on not particularly small 27,5 bikes.
I can see the 29er problem but 27,5 is barely noticable at all after around 3-5 runs. Maybe give it a longer try.
Scott Gambler has the option of running 26 i believe though and is very very small. Even with 27.5 i can't see you having any problem with that bike or it's not the bike but your complete and utter lack of skill Wink
Seriously,try a Gambler. It'll work for you guaranteed.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 4:54 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
I can see the 29er problem but 27,5 is barely noticable at all after around 3-5 runs. Maybe give it a longer try.
Scott Gambler has the option of running 26 i believe though and is very very small. Even with 27.5 i can't see you having any problem with that bike or it's not the bike but your complete and utter lack of skill Wink

...no. just no man. 26 info is what I'm looking for, so just quit while you're ahead.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 4:57 Quote
Loki87 wrote:

"It's not the bike, but your complete and utter lack of skill."

Do yourself a favor and f*ck off, slag.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 4:59 Quote
islandforlife wrote:
Banshee Darkside

Thank you! This looks more stable than anything Da Bomb has out.

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 5:53 Quote
Armalite wrote:
Loki87 wrote:

"It's not the bike, but your complete and utter lack of skill."

Do yourself a favor and f*ck off, slag.

Do myself a favor?
Lol, i was doing you a favor by mentioning possible solutions, but i guess my little joke went right over your head. Must have hit a sore spot though.
Whatever little man, have a nice day Smile

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 6:33 Quote
I have a 26 darkside. It rocks. I think the scott voltage still comes in 26. I had that too (old version) but it was a little too short for me.

Not many options these days besides used buysell on this site. Hopefully the industry pendulum swings back that way but i'm not counting on it. There's also a small company called Peregrine bikes that makes some interesting DH bikes...

Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
robito wrote:
I have a 26 darkside. It rocks. I think the scott voltage still comes in 26. I had that too (old version) but it was a little too short for me.

Not many options these days besides used buysell on this site. Hopefully the industry pendulum swings back that way but i'm not counting on it. There's also a small company called Peregrine bikes that makes some interesting DH bikes...

I'll look in to Peregrine, I've never heard the name before. Thanks!

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
Kona process 167 is probably one of the only modern 26 inch dh/mini dh bike out there right now

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
erictens wrote:
Kona process 167 is probably one of the only modern 26 inch dh/mini dh bike out there right now

And you could probably sell that fork and throw a dual crow on it and go to town.

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 11:35 Quote
Armalite wrote:
It's 2019. The days of carbon frames, slack head angles, 200mm travel, 27.5 and 29 inch wheels. Everything is all well and good in the downhilp world...

for you tall f*ckers. At a height of 5'5 and an inseem shorter than your last love affair, I cannot, for the life of me, find myself comfortable on a single 27.5 or 29 inch frame.

Airborne Bikes pathogen. solid bike built around 26. can run 27.5 too but it was designed for 26

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
Rocky Mountain Maiden is setup to run both 26 and 27.5

Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 18:08 Quote
Armalite wrote:

Transition has TR500 frameset in stock, in small, in both black and blue. Can be run 26 or 27.5 apparently.

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
Check out the Transition TR500, it has overall small geometry and can run 26 or 27.5 with 180 or 200mm suspension. My son is a small 14 year old and rides a Medium, he loves it. He was on a Demo 8 XS last year. If you are looking for something really small that you can throw around I have the Demo 8 listed for sale in the classifieds.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010738
Mobile Version of Website