Biking in Stelvio National Park

PB Forum :: Europe
Biking in Stelvio National Park
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 15, 2019 at 13:47 Quote
Does anyone have any information or know where I can get beta on biking in or near Stelvio National Park? I'm planning on being in the area July 6 - 14. Thanks!

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 1:05 Quote
Hi, I think you may find those websites interesting:
Bormiobike.it
Altavaltellina.EU
Altarezia.EU
Map.wanderland.ch
Openstreetmap.org also have the area very well mapped, 99% of the trails are on the map

Also keep in mind that the Alta Valtellina Bike Marathon takes place in the area every end of July, so you might also want to check the Marathon route.

Generally speaking, Livigno has everything a biker may want; tough climbs for xc riders, lifts on both sides of the valley (they're actually two separate bike parks, north one (Carosello) is mostly flow trails, south one (Mottolino) is the one with former WC dh trail and some other dh trails) flow trails, dh trails, bike rentals, bike guides, a lot of holiday apartments/hotels, and it's also relatively close to Bernina Pass and Saint Moritz area, which offers some more lifts, dh and xc trails.
Bormio is just two valleys away from Livigno, it's a really nice small town, with a really good old city center, but trail wisely is one step below Livigno. Bormio too has at least two bike shops renting bikes and a bike park. If you stay in Bormio you'll have to ride some kms of tar in order to reach the trails, but if you're interested to climb both Stelvio Pass and Gavia Pass, Bormio would be the best choice, as both passes climbs start in Bormio.

Other minor bikers destinations are:
Santa Caterina Valfurva, should have some dh trails
Ponte di Legno, offers a decent bike park
Nothing to compare with Livigno though.

Hope this helps

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008271
Mobile Version of Website