Baggies vs Lycra

PB Forum :: Beginners
Baggies vs Lycra
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 16, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
I'm relatively new to mountain biking as opposed to most of the rest of the forums, but I've been doing it for three or four years, and something I still wonder about is baggies vs lycra. What considerations do most people take into account when choosing?

Listening to various podcasts and other conversations, seems like baggies are pretty big...but me, when I wear them, I keep getting the nose of the saddle hung on the crotch when I get up onto it. So, lycra it is for me. And I'll say, several other very experienced riders around here do the same (mostly trail/XC riding).

And I realize, this is going to be one of those things that going to be very much up to personal preference. Just wondering if there's something I'm missing with the baggies.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 3:26 Quote
Baggies don't look gay, while lycra does.

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 18:34 Quote
lycras all day everyday. catching shorts on the seat still happens rarely with them, but it happens a lot with baggies if you're going over a lot of rough stuff.

Plus the girls appreciate it.

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 3:56 Quote
mab411 wrote:
I'm relatively new to mountain biking as opposed to most of the rest of the forums, but I've been doing it for three or four years, and something I still wonder about is baggies vs lycra. What considerations do most people take into account when choosing?

Listening to various podcasts and other conversations, seems like baggies are pretty big...but me, when I wear them, I keep getting the nose of the saddle hung on the crotch when I get up onto it. So, lycra it is for me. And I'll say, several other very experienced riders around here do the same (mostly trail/XC riding).

And I realize, this is going to be one of those things that going to be very much up to personal preference. Just wondering if there's something I'm missing with the baggies.

Proper quality baggies for MTB have design between legs that doesn't catch the seat. Sausage fest is other term for lycra bunch of riders :-)

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
I'm a fan of lycra. There's a reason why UCI banned it for downhill and the fact that baggies are getting less and less, well, baggy.
I'm also a roadie so that may influence my decision.

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 5:02 Quote
thewanderingmechanic wrote:
I'm a fan of lycra. There's a reason why UCI banned it for downhill and the fact that baggies are getting less and less, well, baggy.
I'm also a roadie so that may influence my decision.

roadie Confused

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 19:20 Quote
I wear lycra road shorts, instead of underwear, under my my mtb shorts.

This combination gives me the comfort of padded lycra shorts with the convenience of extra pockets from my mtb shorts.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015142
Mobile Version of Website