Appalling Canyon customer service/aftercare!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Appalling Canyon customer service/aftercare!
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
Plus for a bike that costs so much it shouldn't fail so easily

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
Will022505 wrote:
bmxconvert wrote:
1. Everything breaks. Seriously, no part is indestructible. Assuming they won't break at some point is simply ignorant.

2. You're not obligated to get new parts when yours breaks. Suck it up, we all have to replace broken stuff at some point.

3. Used frames/bikes and parts are warrantied only to the original owner. It clearly says this in almost every owners manual.

4. Buy from your local bike shop to aid in future warranty issues. Assuming that they are within the warranty timeline.

I was the original owner....

I think he was talking to the OP, not you.

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 19:07 Quote
Will022505 wrote:
bmxconvert wrote:
1. Everything breaks. Seriously, no part is indestructible. Assuming they won't break at some point is simply ignorant.

2. You're not obligated to get new parts when yours breaks. Suck it up, we all have to replace broken stuff at some point.

3. Used frames/bikes and parts are warrantied only to the original owner. It clearly says this in almost every owners manual.

4. Buy from your local bike shop to aid in future warranty issues. Assuming that they are within the warranty timeline.

I was the original owner....

I was referencing the original post which states that he is not the original owner.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
Will022505 wrote:
I've had worse with yeti. I had a 2018 Sb4.5 and after a month of riding the damn thing the frame cracked. I contacted yeti and they said I had been "overriding the bike and they are unable to replace it at this time". So I'm out $3000 and still wondering what I did wrong. I mean it's a mountain bike... Aren't you supposed be able to ride it?

A nice letter from a lawyer usually makes wonders happen Wink

Yes things can crack- but if you can ensure that it didnt result because of a crash (if your bike looks like new without scratches in said area) this sould be a no brainer for me.

But somehow you heard some people complain about Yetis cracking and service- nice one for expensive frames.

Did you crash with the bike at all? You can somehow "prove" it that you didnt "overuse" it? Ie. Strava etc.?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010383
Mobile Version of Website