Meta AM 29 vs TR 29

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta AM 29 vs TR 29
| Next Page
Posted: May 7, 2019 at 9:40 Quote
ezreipqz wrote:
Jamsxr wrote:
Have you made your mind up yet?

I’m in a similar position, but as I’ve got a YT Jeffsy to ride my local trails the AM seems to make more sense for those more gravity focused days away from home. If I was looking at just having one bike it would definitely be the TR.

Been looking for a reviews for a TR 29 finally have it here hoping to hear more about how TR works on trails..i'm just looking for there entry level TR ride.or give a shot on the TR race.

It's a good bike, I've been having a lot of fun on mine. I've been riding it on the same trails I previously rode on my AM on and I don't really feel like i'm missing anything except a little bit of compliance on bigger hits. Otherwise it's more comfortable to pedal and more playful feeling. They did a good job finding a nice balance of stable and confident on fast trails, and still fun to ride on mellow stuff. I would definitely go with whatever build has a 150mm fork. The head angle feels spot on and you will use the travel. tup

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 at 17:42 Quote
What is the shock length to achieve 140 out back. I’m currently looking at the 2020 origin to be my 1 bike quiver. It’s a 150 rs 35 up front. I’m coming of a 15 enduro 29er . I’m thinking i wondering if meta tr will have me missing the enduro at the bike parks?

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
ugm582 wrote:
What is the shock length to achieve 140 out back. I’m currently looking at the 2020 origin to be my 1 bike quiver. It’s a 150 rs deluxe up front. I’m coming of a 15 enduro 29er . I’m thinking i wondering if meta tr will have me missing the enduro at the bike parks?

210x55 will give you the 140-143 travel you are looking for.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
What sizes are you guys riding? I'm 5'10 and thinking really hard about the Medium... Rode a SB130 recently and it was spot on.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 3:48 Quote
I’ve just ordered the 2020 am 29er team edition in a xl. I had a quick pedal of one around the Commencal car park and it felt really good (obviously didn’t get the complete feel of it riding it in a car park). I’m currently riding a plolygon Siskiu T7 with only 140mm travel front and back and am way out riding it. Definitely looking forward to jumping on this beast and having more travel for the bigger hits and drops and hitting up everything from bike parks to my local trails. The reason I went for the AM 29er in a xl is because I’m pretty tall (6,4”) and I wanted a bike that is capable of charging down trails, then being able to pedal back up, to hitting up bike parks and getting sendy and having fun. I was having a hard time deciding between the clash and the AM as the clash seems a bit more playful, but only comes in a 27.5 and the guys at Commencal really recommend the Meta AM for me. I’ve read a lot of reviews and everyone keeps talking about the weight. But I’m not concerned with it weighing in at just 15kg as I’m not a racer and plus it will just want to point downhill and charge, and let’s be honest going down hill is what it’s all about. Yeeaaww

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007512
Mobile Version of Website