Mojo HD4 owners

PB Forum :: Ibis
Mojo HD4 owners
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 13:57 Quote
So the Ibis sub group of the forum looks a little bit quite. Just bought my first ibis a mojo HD4 after getting a monster deal on a frame and factory X2. Currently invisframe fitting, ordering forks tomorrow. Anyway weather is crap out, post me some pics of your HD4 builds to keep me inspired... here is my frame

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 5:56 Quote
Here is an updated pic of mine, couple of subtle upgrades lately. Next big one will be brakes, either new XT dual pots or Saint

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 21:26 Quote
Why gone red to black

Frame warranty?

Main reason i sold my mojo was the incessant creacking cracking noises

Thank fook ibis heard my thoughts and brought out an alloy in 29er

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 4:37 Quote
Anyone that have an hd4 have the upper link bolt (on non drive side) a bit outside from the countersink compared to the same bolt on driveside?

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 4:02 Quote
I’ll have a look when I get home tonight, but not sure I fully understand. Will look to see if there is any real difference.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 4:06 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Why gone red to black

Frame warranty?

Main reason i sold my mojo was the incessant creacking cracking noises

Thank fook ibis heard my thoughts and brought out an alloy in 29er

Sorry I missed this, yep I had a problem with the paint on my first fireball red frame. Ibis were so good about it to the point I requested a black frame as the red replacement front triangle didn’t match the rear swing arm (you could see a slight colour mismatch) so no hassle sent me a replacement frame in black.

I can honestly say I have had no hassle at all with noises from the frame, it’s been utterly silent! (Touch wood) and that’s hammering it through FOD and South Wales year round in the absolute filth. It still is the beat bike I have ever owned, the new Ripmo AF has my attention currently, just was hoping for a bit more travel in a 29er next. But right now I can’t see past the HD4. HD5 looks like the sort of numbers I’m after bit isn’t really offering much more vs the cost of the frame.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 10:29 Quote
Russyh wrote:
I’ll have a look when I get home tonight, but not sure I fully understand. Will look to see if there is any real difference.
I've this bolt
come a 1mm ca outside the countersink only on the downside of the bolt on the non drive side , while in the drive side
is perfectly tucked in , i've suspected a
bad press bearing , but Ibis confirmed me it's ok the way it is ( it's the link made that way ) . I was asking before the ibis reply , just to be sure .
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/18090654/

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
Ok so I see what you mean now, mine is the same non drive side looks like it’s cross threaded (leading edge is 1mm out of countersink) drive side is flush. Never noticed before looks a bit shit to be honest! But given both of ours is the same then I guess it’s not an issue

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
Russyh wrote:
Ok so I see what you mean now, mine is the same non drive side looks like it’s cross threaded (leading edge is 1mm out of countersink) drive side is flush. Never noticed before looks a bit shit to be honest! But given both of ours is the same then I guess it’s not an issue

Yes , Ibis confirmed that is the link made like this , yes look a bit shit also for me , but if works it's ok Wink I noticed it applying some protection, along with the shorter bolts on the links compared to the first hd4 but also this is fine . So ready to ride !

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 14:05 Quote
They replaced the shorter bolts on mine with the original longer bolts and rubber grommets (if we are talking about the same bolts) the later short bolts were rubbish, and were open ended so the holes filled with crap. I got to say I love my mojo but there are things which are not great about it. When you consider it’s a premium brand some of the quality is well behind that of some of the direct brands like YT.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 14:34 Quote
Russyh wrote:
They replaced the shorter bolts on mine with the original longer bolts and rubber grommets (if we are talking about the same bolts) the later short bolts were rubbish, and were open ended so the holes filled with crap. I got to say I love my mojo but there are things which are not great about it. When you consider it’s a premium brand some of the quality is well behind that of some of the direct brands like YT.
Yes, or that they don't send the hydrocable port included . Btw the support and the team behind seems very nice , with Scott answering every question and open to give advice on setup and everything . Waiting to try it on the trails ! Thanks for the check , now i can sleep sweet dreams Big Grin

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 1:52 Quote
I got to say the service I have received from them is second to none! When I have had a problem they have gone above and beyond to make me happy. Makes for great brand loyalty!

Enjoy the trails mate

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 8:49 Quote
Wishing I never sold my mojo and in hindsight shoulda stripped completely and re greased as it should have been when a new bike is purchased

Shame on whoever built it i.e. factory or shop
Bb was well too low meaning rock strikes but easilythe sweetest handling and pedalling suss platform feeling that looked uber sex in wheels

Most I ever spent on a new bike then sold for peanuts not long after

Major regret, buying new and selling so soon after ;-(

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006818
Mobile Version of Website