Delivery Timeline 2019

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Delivery Timeline 2019
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
neubiker wrote:
Zachary902 wrote:
neubiker wrote:

He did say customs had it last week. I can't see them having the container more than a couple of days max. So if they had it Thursday + Friday I would imagine they would have it finished and send out today.

Fingers crossed dude, also just coming off the long weekend, might have more information by tomorrow

Yah if no one has heard anything by tommorow I may call. No way customs is holding a container for 4 days. If they took that long with 1 container they would never be able to offload a ship and the whole port would be backed up.

Sounds good man, keep us posted!

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 13:27 Quote
i dont see our bike coming not until june. This is what i got from him just now.

Bikes have been in Vancouver for 2 weeks now waiting on customs inspection. When they show up we will let you know. We have over a hundred customers in that shipment waiting on their bikes

I thought it was already inspected. Well i had this 4 days off this weekend and im not having my bike again. Goodluck everyone

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 16:48 Quote
Roldan2018 wrote:
i dont see our bike coming not until june. This is what i got from him just now.

Bikes have been in Vancouver for 2 weeks now waiting on customs inspection. When they show up we will let you know. We have over a hundred customers in that shipment waiting on their bikes

I thought it was already inspected. Well i had this 4 days off this weekend and im not having my bike again. Goodluck everyone

Im not buying this story. Why the hell would customs take 2 weeks to look at a container. I was told last week that customs had picked up the container to look at it. I imagine once they pick up it up its a pretty quick ordeal. They arent going to sit there sifting through the container for weeks. There are easily hundreds or thousands of containers on a ship and there are multiple ships docking every week in the Vancouver Docks. If they randomly pull even 50 or 60 containers for manual inspection on a ship they arent going to sit on it for 2 weeks. They would end up with a backlog so big it would never end.

Wonder what the actual reason for the delay is....

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
Point and case from the CBSA website themselves...

The CBSA's Marine Container Examination Service Standard states that the CBSA will strive to conduct a marine container examination within 24 hours. The 24 hour period includes the time for the CBSA to perform a physical examination of goods contained within a marine container located at one of the container examination facilities in Prince Rupert, Vancouver, Montréal or Halifax. The time will be calculated from the moment the CBSA begins the examination until the examination is completed and goods are made available for warehouse workers to reload the container.

Note: This service standard does not include weekends or holidays, fumigant testing and ventilation procedures, container reloading times and containers that are resultant for contraband.

So if the container was picked up Thursday why would we still be waiting....

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 18:28 Quote
I dont have any idea thats what he told me via email. 2 weeks seems so unreal for a custom to hold a shipment. I wonder how delayed Canada Custom was. Its not good anymore my birthday was done, long weekend done, my 2 vacation was ruined because of this delay. This coming weekend its is my vacation again till Tuesday and hoping this is not going to Ruin my leave at work.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 18:36 Quote
Roldan2018 wrote:
I dont have any idea thats what he told me via email. 2 weeks seems so unreal for a custom to hold a shipment. I wonder how delayed Canada Custom was. Its not good anymore my birthday was done, long weekend done, my 2 vacation was ruined because of this delay. This coming weekend its is my vacation again till Tuesday and hoping this is not going to Ruin my leave at work.

Yah I hear yah. I have a trip planned to Whistler on Jan 31 (over 1.5 months past our original "available from" dates for April). I am going to be some pissed if my bike isn't here and I have to pay out of pocket to rent a DH bike when mine was supposed to have already been here a month and a half ago...

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
Ordered a YT capra AL base. It was supposed to be shipped on 17th april, JM told me I had to wait for next container which would arrive in may (I believe it was may 10). Still nothing, I have to send e-mails to get updates. JM does reply quickly, but I'm still not satisfied by them. It's a 3K+ purchase, I was expecting to get better service, at least an update every couple of days. I read that vancouver port is the worst in Canada regarding inspections and all that crap. It can take weeks. I ordered my bike on april 11th and still nothing. It really f*cking suck

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
Samsport wrote:
Ordered a YT capra AL base. It was supposed to be shipped on 17th april, JM told me I had to wait for next container which would arrive in may (I believe it was may 10). Still nothing, I have to send e-mails to get updates. JM does reply quickly, but I'm still not satisfied by them. It's a 3K+ purchase, I was expecting to get better service, at least an update every couple of days. I read that vancouver port is the worst in Canada regarding inspections and all that crap. It can take weeks. I ordered my bike on april 11th and still nothing. It really f*cking suck

yeah it does. now imagine you ordered your bike in february... were all in the same boat (horrible pun intended)

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 9:20 Quote
Samsport wrote:

Yah it seems like we are all getting conflicting stories. My order was supposed to be available April 17th as well, I was told Aprils container was a "little behind" schedule, where as you were told it would be on the "next container". So how does Aprils container show up mid to late may, I can only imagine when the "May" container is going to show up.

I agree, it's the lack of communication that is a piss off more than anything. You spend 6k on a bike and I have to pester you to find out what's going on? Seems kinda shitty to me. Maybe they should spend less time running promotions and marketing videos with Christopher Walken and a bit more time sorting out their supply line.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 10:38 Quote
Did anyone message for an update today? I dont recommend it haha just curious if someone had. Maybe wait another day until tomorrow at least to see if he has any new updates.

He does say in his emails he will let us know when he knows something. I cant imagine he is going to email all "100 customers on that container" to let them know it has been released.

Honestly, i am getting close to pulling the plug if i dont get some solid information on status, going down to the bike shop i have a bunch of my buddies working at and picking something up from there. Shame on me for selling my old bike before getting the new one, but man, all my friends have been biking for like 6-7 weeks now. depressing

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 10:48 Quote
Zachary902 wrote:
Did anyone message for an update today? I dont recommend it haha just curious if someone had. Maybe wait another day until tomorrow at least to see if he has any new updates.

He does say in his emails he will let us know when he knows something. I cant imagine he is going to email all "100 customers on that container" to let them know it has been released.

Honestly, i am getting close to pulling the plug if i dont get some solid information on status, going down to the bike shop i have a bunch of my buddies working at and picking something up from there. Shame on me for selling my old bike before getting the new one, but man, all my friends have been biking for like 6-7 weeks now. depressing

Yah i was going to call tomorrow. Giving it a few days for something to happen. If the container hasn't left Vancouver by end of this week im pretty screwed for my Whistler trip.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 11:10 Quote
neubiker wrote:
Zachary902 wrote:

Yah i was going to call tomorrow. Giving it a few days for something to happen. If the container hasn't left Vancouver by end of this week im pretty screwed for my Whistler trip.

Yeah im feeling for ya man. Ill be looking tomorrow for your update. Do you have his phone number?! thats dangerous haha

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
Looks like i will rent a bike this weekend, take it easy boys most of my friend says they saw CAPRA along Canmore and it was really a Beauty. Worth a wait.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 22:28 Quote
Roldan2018 wrote:
Looks like i will rent a bike this weekend, take it easy boys most of my friend says they saw CAPRA along Canmore and it was really a Beauty. Worth a wait.

Sucks, dude... Good things come to those who wait... !!

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
Zachary902 wrote:
neubiker wrote:
Zachary902 wrote:

Yeah im feeling for ya man. Ill be looking tomorrow for your update. Do you have his phone number?! thats dangerous haha

I got a 27.5 Base Capra on order for end of May but from the sounds of this thread that's not possible.... What other bike were you looking at?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019134
Mobile Version of Website