Best rims for Downhill in 2019

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best rims for Downhill in 2019
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 2:28 Quote
Currently looking to upgrade my stock bike rims to something newer and that will last for 2 seasons or even more.
10 years ago when you searched for durable rims with normal price, you just bought Sunrims MTX, and they was not to heavy, didn't cost to much, and were durable enough.

Currently looking for same option, but 650b and tubless ready. It will be good if rim walls would be stiff enough to survive rock gardens, and if they will not crack when bending them back after dings.

Currently my options are looks like:
- DT fr560 - everything OK, price to high
- DT ex471 - I think that it will last for racing or riding season, price to high, dont want to change rims every year
- SunRims Hellix29 - Price is ok, but is it sthong enough? it seems that walls can be to soft
- Any other options?

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 5:07 Quote
I personally have the DT Swiss EX471. Came with a wheel set i bought. I have no complaints using them, they've put up with some abuse and are still perfectly straight and true. I've seen a few of the world cup riders using them too.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
I like the Spank Race33. Comes in 650b, tubeless ready (can even use regular yellow notube tape, not only their tubeless ready tape), decent width (28mm inside width, 33 out), and they're cheaper than DT Swiss rims.

If I was on the market for a new pair, I'd either go for the Race33 or a pair of DT ex511 (the 471, but slightly wider).

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 15:13 Quote
The 560 is expensive?? Huh?
I think its heavy not expensive.

Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 8:49 Quote
englertracing wrote:
The 560 is expensive?? Huh?
I think its heavy not expensive.
Actually I was hoping to find some interesting options in price range of $80-120 for pair, not for rim.
But it seems that today prices are much higher. Extra 60 grams per rim not a problem for me.

Does anyone used Mavic ex630 or ex830? Any experience with them? Is ex830 as strong as ex729?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006182
Mobile Version of Website