Experience with YT complaint

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Experience with YT complaint
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 14:24 Quote
I'm having an issue just after getting my XXL Jeffsy, I contacted them and they just said that is how the bike came to them all packed to ship so there was nothing they could do. As a tall dude I needed to bring up my bars since my seat is sky high but they cut the steerer tube with little to zero adjustment. So now I'm faced with a tube extender, rebuilding the fork, or even higher riser bars and/or a stem with a rise. Not too pleased with my current position and their response. I really like the bike but not sure I need all that weight over the front tire. Especially with XXL, I would think they would leave some room for bringing the bars up. Open to thoughts or suggestions.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 14:27 Quote
S2Sooner wrote:
I'm having an issue just after getting my XXL Jeffsy, I contacted them and they just said that is how the bike came to them all packed to ship so there was nothing they could do. As a tall dude I needed to bring up my bars since my seat is sky high but they cut the steerer tube with little to zero adjustment. So now I'm faced with a tube extender, rebuilding the fork, or even higher riser bars and/or a stem with a rise. Not too pleased with my current position and their response. I really like the bike but not sure I need all that weight over the front tire. Especially with XXL, I would think they would leave some room for bringing the bars up. Open to thoughts or suggestions.

Very common complaint. I also don’t understand why they can’t leave an extra inch or two of steerer and let us cut it if we want. Seems crazy to think everyone wants a slammed stem.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 14:40 Quote
Do you know what people are doing to overcome this shortfall? I'd like another 1.5" or so... 38mm... seems like it will be hard to get with a stem or new riser bars. My bars are already 35mm rise!

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 15:03 Quote
I would buy a new fork and sell the one that came on your bike without riding it. Look on eBay and Jenson etc for deals so you aren't out a ton of money.

Yes, YT cuts the steer tubes way too short (or maybe they are sent from Fox/RS with a certain spec'd length?), either way they should leave more space. Note that other bike companies are similar, Santa Cruz cuts them way too short as well.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
gramboh wrote:
I would buy a new fork and sell the one that came on your bike without riding it. Look on eBay and Jenson etc for deals so you aren't out a ton of money.

Yes, YT cuts the steer tubes way too short (or maybe they are sent from Fox/RS with a certain spec'd length?), either way they should leave more space. Note that other bike companies are similar, Santa Cruz cuts them way too short as well.

not on my SC's (4 bikes in 2 years, 2 XL's and 2 L's). I have had to cut every one of mine down, still leaving 2 to 3 spacers under the stem.

Saw a similar thread here recently and someone suggested 80 mm riser bars.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012083
Mobile Version of Website