Knee Pads - Always, Just for Decents or Never.....?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Knee Pads - Always, Just for Decents or Never.....?
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 2:00 Quote
Out of pure curiosity.... knee pads, when out on your bike do you use them?

Do you always wear them, regardless of distance or terrain?

Do you take them and just run them on the decents?

Or do you never wear them at all?

I personally run them regardless. Fox enduro's knee pads, whether I am doing a 10 mile trail loop or a session hitting up steep lines etc.

What say you?!?!

FL
Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 2:47 Quote
I wear fox pro D30 pads on every ride. They don't give me any discomfort so it would be foolish not to. On a really warm day they can get a little hot but I'd rather that than destroy my knee.

FL
Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
I'm using TLD speed pads, they're pretty much knee warmers with a thin pad. At the moment while it's cold I wear them all the time but usually I put them in my bag until I finish my commute to the trails.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
Alpine Paragons here and I wear them for all trail rides during the entire time. They're pretty light weight and don't bother me too much. They are however starting to get a bit loose since they're a couple of years old. Gonna give them a wash to see if it helps, otherwise I'll replace them soon. On XC fitness oriented rides on my hardtail I don't wear knee pads.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 7:23 Quote
Kind of depends on the ride I'm doing. If it's for mile munching and spinning my legs without putting any serious downs in I'll go without. But if I'm having a bit of a gravity orientated day, kneepads all the way.

Pads and a helmet are the only protection I really wear. Only injury I've had (so far) is a broken wrist, don't think any protection would have saved me there.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 7:46 Quote
Have some pretty heavy duty trail pads that I wear almost all the time. I take them off and put them on my bars if I’m going to be climbing for more than 20 minutes straight on an enduro style ride. I have been saved numerous times by my pads and my knees are quite scarred up from my riding before getting pads.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
Dakine Slayer knee pads here.

I wear them all the time when off road. Comfortable, and I hardly notice them.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 15:34 Quote
I have the iXS flows and I wear them all the time. I don't really notice them while pedaling and you never know when you are gonna crash.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 15:49 Quote
CP-Bike wrote:
Dakine Slayer knee pads here.

I wear them all the time when off road. Comfortable, and I hardly notice them.

Same here..

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 1:46 Quote
no kneepads for myself, probably should but I don't.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
I wear my gforms almost always when on the bike. Wore them on my 52 km ride last weekend for the whole ride.

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
The only time I don't use my POC Airs is when commuting or doing the very odd ride with the xc guys

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 14:46 Quote
Only when fornicating

Posted: Jan 26, 2019 at 15:26 Quote
90% of ascents
100% of descents

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011202
Mobile Version of Website