Mont Tremblant new DH Bike Park?

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Mont Tremblant new DH Bike Park?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 4:41 Quote
Since Alterra bought Mont Tremblant, I’m wondering if there is any hope for the development of a proper DH bike park there.

I didn’t see anything about this anywhere but maybe someone here might know something about the new owners and speculate if this is something that fits their development plans.

Just dreaming...

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 8:39 Quote
I have no insite on this, but it would be schweet if they built up a bike park! I'd be a regular.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 19:39 Quote
Thread title is a bit misleadingConfused

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 7:03 Quote
Got a large crew from Ontario that would be out there on the regular as well, if that were to happen. We need more DH Bike Parks on the Canadian East Coast! \m/

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
Not going to happen anytime soon, many people have been asking for a decade and getting excuses that it's inside the provincial park (90% of the hill is in a park) , unions issues for operating in summer, etc, etc. It's all a load political horseshit.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 20:04 Quote
If Tremblant's inside a provincial park, that should've been sorted when they built the resort no? They made a ski resort on a mountain in a provincial park. We just want to ride our bikes in the tree's that separate the ski runs, and in turn give them summer revenues Big Grin . Yeah that is a load of BS for sure, doesn't make sense and is a lame excuse. They also have XC bike trails there too so no bikes makes no sense? I've noticed that 8-10 of the 13 or so other resorts (owned by the same company that bought Tremblant), have Lift Access Downhill Bike Parks. Hopefully Tremblant can make it happen. That would truly be HUGE for them. Smile

Posted: Mar 14, 2020 at 13:00 Quote
Well, there goes the ol’ Provincial Park excuse. They just announced last week the development of a whole new face for skiing.

My theory is they’re afraid that their distinguished clients might get offended by the DH punks and dirtbags.

Posted: Mar 19, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
maybe the second year that I raced 1998 or 1999 ? ,they had 2 lift accidents as I remember, there where no hooks you carried your bike up the lift , they didnt run the gondola. On friday a guy fell off the quad to the left of the gondola and on sunday a girl feel off the upper XTC lift and I heard she later died. Since than Canada cup is the only time that we have had DH access, and even riding your XC bike up the mnt off the access rd. may get you in trouble. they say because they have no insurance. so I cant see them building a dirt jumping park

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004652
Mobile Version of Website