Post Your Marino!

PB Forum :: Other
Post Your Marino!
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 7:34 Quote
marko369 wrote:
Here’s my 150mm 29er, few months in now and she’s a beast!!!

Hello! I’ve got an order for a frame in place with the draft approved and ready for production. Then it came time to pick the finish. I inquired about translucent colors but was told they have stopped offering them due to corrosion issues. I’m curious if you’ve noticed a change in the condition of your tubes and/or welds. Thanks!

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 11:23 Quote
Yeah mate, couple of dozen rides in now and the frame looks 10yrs old haha Surface rust popping up everywhere, but I reckon it looks cool so happy to be honest.

Clear coat finish wasn’t up to much either tbh, could see a few bits where it ran and/or had been taped up before fully drying. If I could order again, I’d go for no top coat at all and just wire wool it whenever the rust hit.

Bikes minging at the min, when it gets a clean I’ll take some pics and post up

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 7:33 Quote
marko369 wrote:
Yeah mate, couple of dozen rides in now and the frame looks 10yrs old haha Surface rust popping up everywhere, but I reckon it looks cool so happy to be honest.
Over the past year, I got a couple matte clear steel frames from different manufacturers and haven’t noticed a change. I wonder if Marino is skipping a prep process prior to shooting the powder. It’s possible all of the frames are rusting under the coating and it’s only visible on the trans colors. Oh well, I decided to go with gloss BRG.

Posted: Mar 21, 2020 at 12:56 Quote

Riding some natural slabs in Yorkshire

Posted: Mar 22, 2020 at 21:34 Quote
Hey just curious about your guys derailleur hangers, the ones that came with my bike are garbage I tried to straitened one today and it cracked and another broke right off any of you guys had this issue?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005895
Mobile Version of Website