PB Forum :: Other
Post Your Marino!
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 5:15 Quote
Here is my freshly built Marino.

180/175mm travel
27,5/26" wheels
Single speed

Frame feels sturdy and well built. Communication was good under the building period and an overall good experience. Ordered in May, arrived a week ago(delayed due to some custom gussets)

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 1:08 Quote
Looks a beast pal, how are you getting on with it?

Achmaro wrote:
Here is my freshly built Marino.

180/175mm travel
27,5/26" wheels
Single speed

Frame feels sturdy and well built. Communication was good under the building period and an overall good experience. Ordered in May, arrived a week ago(delayed due to some custom gussets)

Posted: Dec 17, 2021 at 1:27 Quote
Mine had a new lick of paint this summer Smile

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
Even though Marino makes nice frames I probably would never buy another frame from him again, my original frame lasted me 2 months getting a replacement has been a nightmare and I’m still waiting, There’s a real lack of communication between him and his staff and the customers, a simple question takes weeks to get a reply, you ask for a status update and get no reply. Corna virus or not it’s a bad business plan to take someone’s money and then make them wait months with zero communication. As a customer I’m f*cking frustrated.

Did you finally got the replacement?

So, here is something good..
today, -half of an hour ago- i asked him something and 6 minutes later i got an answer, NICE!-and he already made a change on the website because of my feedback.. Thís was a unexpected!
Asked him if the custom geo-datas will be measured with the ATC i set without SAG.. and yes, it is static.. so you have to reduce the ATC if you want to consider your SAG (like some other brands do) .

Looking forward to order a frame Wink !

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
NiklasRausch wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
Even though Marino makes nice frames I probably would never buy another frame from him again, my original frame lasted me 2 months getting a replacement has been a nightmare and I’m still waiting, There’s a real lack of communication between him and his staff and the customers, a simple question takes weeks to get a reply, you ask for a status update and get no reply. Corna virus or not it’s a bad business plan to take someone’s money and then make them wait months with zero communication. As a customer I’m f*cking frustrated.

today, -half of an hour ago- i asked him something and 6 minutes later i got an answer, NICE!-and he already made a change on the website because of my feedback.. Thís was a unexpected!
Asked him if the custom geo-datas will be measured with the ATC i set without SAG.. and yes, it is static.. so you have to reduce the ATC if you want to consider your SAG (like some other brands do) .

Yea I got my frame last spring but I sold it, I had already bought a commencal clash and didn’t want to go through the hassle again with Marino if I needed something

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 10:37 Quote
NiklasRausch wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Whats funny about that is I originally drew up my frame static, and then when they sent me their drawing it was sagged. They said they do all their measurements sagged. Much easier to compare bikes static than sagged. Sagged geo only makes sense if your comparing to a fully, which is apples to oranges anyway.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 12:01 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
NiklasRausch wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Whats funny about that is I originally drew up my frame static, and then when they sent me their drawing it was sagged. They said they do all their measurements sagged. Much easier to compare bikes static than sagged. Sagged geo only makes sense if your comparing to a fully, which is apples to oranges anyway.

Hmm.. i find it hard to say what is better to compare, pros and cons on both sides.. but the main point is you have to know if it is meausured with or without SAG.

For me as a customer, i can take my 20 or 25 percent SAG and substract it from ATC to compare or built something orientated on a frame of a brand which is giving the geo considering SAG (cotic for example)

Otherwise you really have to do the math for this.. Changes are not translatable to other bikes.. depending on different ratios and that's where it starts to get a bit more complex, especially with custom geos.
So, some bikes has bigger changes with the same ATC-difference than other ones (talking about HTs in general)
Simple case..
+- 30mm ATC for a 540mm reach vs. +- 30mm ATC for a 420mm reach..
now look into your thoughts.. what's going on with the STA, the BB-drop or the HA in both cases Wink ?

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 3:39 Quote
For the full suspension people, what did you do about the shock mounting spacers?

Posted: Apr 29, 2022 at 5:59 Quote

My custom geo frame arrived yesterday, I've never built a bike so fast!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012154
Mobile Version of Website