Sram GX eagle question

PB Forum :: SRAM
Sram GX eagle question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
Hey, After installing GX eagle on my hightower LT, installed per instruction, I have 1 issue. When sitting on the bike pedaling in eagle gear (largest cog on cassette) the chain skips and wants to jump off the cog. Shifting is smooth when in the stand, the only problem is on the 50t. B Gap is on point using tool included as reference. What am I missing. Thank you.

Posted: Jan 28, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
Ryanbaillar wrote:
Hey, After installing GX eagle on my hightower LT, installed per instruction, I have 1 issue. When sitting on the bike pedaling in eagle gear (largest cog on cassette) the chain skips and wants to jump off the cog. Shifting is smooth when in the stand, the only problem is on the 50t. B Gap is on point using tool included as reference. What am I missing. Thank you.

Pick the chain up and move it around the cog by 1 chain link. The ramping on the biggest cassette cogs mixed w the N/W profile of the cogs can cause this issue, your chain just needs to rotate over it to match the wider links to the wider teeth. It should visibly settle when you have it right and you shift into the biggest cog, rather than sit on top of the teeth for a few rotations

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
Found out my problem, it was the chain length, I cut it to short initially thinking I was following instructions but i wasn't. Sized up the chain correctly and its running a lot smoother.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
Interesting, I had this same issue too with my X01 Eagle. Rather than the chain jumping, it'd get hung up between the 42t and 50t cogs. The remedy I did was to deflate my rear shock and compress it to 35% sag. After placing my bike back on the stand, I saw the B-gap was way off!. After making the proper adjustment, it now shifts smooth as all get out.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 13:31 Quote
That makes sense, from what I’ve read and than saw as I was setting mine up, they are very sensitive to the B gap. Mine seems to shift better when I’m riding it vs in the stand. Which is fine with me

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
Similar issue here. Just installed Eagle on a Hightower LT. Followed instructions with the exception of setting the B gap with suspension compressed and experienced a skipping noise when in 42 cog. Shifting was fine on stand.

I went ahead and made a dowel that is the length of the shock under sag (180mm) and installed it in place of the shock and set B gap. We will see how it goes.

I am also curious if my chain may be too long. @Ryanbailar, how much is the deraileur stretched when in 50 cog?

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 17:56 Quote
I'll get you a photo of it on Friday in the eagle gear and 10T as well.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010918
Mobile Version of Website